printman2000

Following Anniversary Engine #156

And look at those Domes!

More elsewhere on the Pacific Railroad Society Diamond Jubilee Special over Tehachapi, once I get some uploading issues resolved. That train was a great weekend chase.

Cool vid, Singwith/Snuffy, and I recognize the yard and shop areas near Union Station, but where were those road shots, e.g. the grade crossings? No doubt east of downtown L.A., but where?

1240935104_WwFFJ-L.jpg

Amtrak #156 greets Amtrak California cousin #2005 at Bakersfield station after wying the Pacific Railroad Society excursion train for return to L.A., 4-3-11.

It would be nice to see this thing on train 11 this weekend.

Short of that I have what might be called unreasonable facsimiles, but let's wait and see!

AND it is the third of three locomotives.

Would this indicate it will be on the 2 or the 22?

I might be able to get a picture or video if it's on the 2 and I can get up and drive a little in the middle of the night. :giggle:

AND it is the third of three locomotives.

Would this indicate it will be on the 2 or the 22?

I might be able to get a picture or video if it's on the 2 and I can get up and drive a little in the middle of the night. :giggle:

If it's on the 22, I'll have to get up and take a video of it.

Reported to be on 67 on April 11th and suppose to return on 66 on April 12th.

Close. It was on 67/66 yesterday. So went down on 67 and returned north to WAS on 66 later in the day.

This photo album is now posted with my railfanning trip report "Domes On The Range," and includes a number of shots of #156 leading the Pacific Railroad Society's Diamond Jubilee Special excursion at Bakersfield on 4-3-11. Because not everybody who keeps tabs on this forum is also interested in trip reports I thought I'd post the pics over here as well so's more folks could maybe enjoy 'em. The shots were taken as the excursion train was turned on a wye for the return trip to Los Angeles, then at the Bakersfield Amtrak station prior to boarding. There's some other stuff too, but over half the pics include #156.

PRS Special Gets Wyed, Departs Bakersfield - "Pacific Railroad Society's Diamond Jubilee Special - and other trains - at a Bakersfield wye. The excursion train then returns to the Amtrak Bakersfield station for boarding and departure on the return run to Los Angeles, 4-3-11. Many of these shots feature Amtrak locomotive #156, wearing Phase I-ish paint in recognition of the railroad's 40th anniversary." Comprehensively captioned.

Edited by WhoozOn1st

Today it was on North East Regional P095. Saw it passing Jackson Shrine South of Fredericksburg, Va. headed for Newport News.

Parked in the yards at Ivy City (along with #66).

Edited by Ryan

184 (IV) left Chicago as a trailing unit on Train 3, the westbound Southwest Chief, this afternoon. The lead unit was 117, which, ironically, was the unit pictured for Phase IV in Amtrak's initial press release about the heritage program.

66 (II) and 156 (I) are still in Chicago and from what I've read on another board are scheduled for use on a special train this weekend. No recent word on 145 (III).

(reposted from railroadfan.com)

peter

156 was in Minnesota over the weekend doing the Fall Color run.

33074220717824417261459.jpg

Photo from Facebook. Photo was taken by Maple Spring (Just south of Lake City MN)

Edited by TraneMan