AEM7 Retirement

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have signed a petition to preserve AEM7AC 929. Check it out on Change.org here's the link: https://www.change.org/p/amtrak-preserve-aem-7ac-929
Take this BS back to Facebook..

Welp, I just read that the last 3 AC units on Amtrak have now been retired. The AEM-7's have now been officially retired from Amtrak service.

Now would be the time to do something to bid farewell to those good old reliable workhorses!
You really need to get better sources.. Cause everytime you post something that you just "read something" or "heard somewhere" that this that and the other thing happened it turns out to be complete non sense.. Your sources are absolutely horrible..

Welp, I just read that the last 3 AC units on Amtrak have now been retired. The AEM-7's have now been officially retired from Amtrak service.

Now would be the time to do something to bid farewell to those good old reliable workhorses!
Source please. I would like to be able to get independent confirmation as well.
If he read it on FB or Wiki, then he read erroneous information. Apparently some foamer was messing with Wiki and someone posted it on FB.
List of Amtrak rolling stock from Wikipedia.

Unpossible, Facebook says they are done.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1456776392.017940.jpg
Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. You know better than to believe everything you read on FB. I mean, I'm always seeing you Like The Onion on FB. :p

Unpossible, Facebook says they are done.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1456776392.017940.jpg
Can we please just retire Facebook itself? The world would be so much better off...
I disagree, but then everyone is entitled to an opinion :p
I'm with Jis. There's a lot of good, accurate info on FB that I would not otherwise be aware of.

And because I'm FB friends with a diverse group of people, I see many sides to stories - more than I would watching my favorite TV news program.

Like I've been saying over on Facebook, "Like I said earlier, don't have the Viking burial at sea until you have official confirmation of death."

Csx, here is how I would do your research from now on. Do it like you are doing a high school or better yet college essay that requires a works cited. Wikipedia and Facebook would get you a failing grade so don't use them. You can use secondary sources like the NY Times, Washington Post, Trains Magazine, Railway Gazette, etc... As for them to post something it is considered credible information as they likely have their sources. Primary sources are ok when they are coming from a person. So let's say with my business if you ask me about it and I talk about it I'm a primary source. But then when you tell someone else about what I said it becomes a secondary source. Which aren't the best to use but can be used if your primary is credible. I tend to be someone whom won't believe it till I see it from a primary source. Or a reliable secondary source. That's just my tip on how to minimize confusion. And to help make you look better. Just my two cents.

Rule of thumb for a journalist is get two independent sources (i.e. they're not getting their information from each other or from the same primary source.)

You may want to go out and take a picture of the 946 on train 95(2). This may be the last run on an Amtrak train. 942 is with the MARC AEM-7s (which haven't budged in quite some time) and they decommissioned the 927 when it arrived off 141(1).

Last edited by a moderator:
what does a decommissioned AEM-7 look like in Washington compared to one just sitting there waiting for its next assignment?

Pantograph down is one way of guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back