AEM7 Retirement

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Shot it this morning after the ns f9 pair arrived with an exhibit car for an event at the museum today.

Hopefully they repaint the AEM-7 and E60 into their original paint scheme. Thanks for posting the picture and it's great to see more Amtrak pieces being preserved.

Fingers crossed the stainless steel holds up well but one of the staff said the air there seems to be especially rough on metal.

I'll post a couple more pics later.

They found torpedoes in both cabs after it was delivered.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice shot, yours?

The 603 looks like crap. Hopefully the 915 doesn't suffer the same fate.
I'm going to burst that bubble and say that it most likely will.

Good gravy. Look at the 603!! If that's the way they intend to treat the 915, just cut it up now! :eek:
The RRPA just doesn't have the money to keep stuff looking pretty. It's just how it is. :( My father had a membership there, but My Mom and I agreed to let the membership expire after his passing last year. The last time I was in the facility there was well over 10 years ago!

I was looking at something and noticed Amtrak on has 18 out of 29 remans in service. Grab the pictures while you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
There now 14 Amtrak AEM-7s left in active service. I'm thinking the number will be 10 in less than 3 weeks.

I saw 908 a few days ago at TRE. It had the honor of leading an LD train (the Silver Meteor) as far as WAS. I am really going to miss the AEM-7s, and I can't seem to take to the new ACS-64s. :( Maybe in time.

Also, SEPTA has something that looks like an AEM-7, with old passenger cars attached, sitting at TRE. I think it might be there to provide power for the SEPTA trains? I will look for the number and research it (unless jis or Ryan already knows the answer and beats me to it! :) )

I saw 908 a few days ago at TRE. It had the honor of leading an LD train (the Silver Meteor) as far as WAS. I am really going to miss the AEM-7s, and I can't seem to take to the new ACS-64s. :( Maybe in time.

Also, SEPTA has something that looks like an AEM-7, with old passenger cars attached, sitting at TRE. I think it might be there to provide power for the SEPTA trains? I will look for the number and research it (unless jis or Ryan already knows the answer and beats me to it! :) )
SEPTA operates AEM-7s. They will be replaced by ACS-64s later this decade.

Doesn't SEPTA have a number of AEM-7s and one ALP-44 as I recall? They acquired the ALP-44 as penalty payment for a Bombardier goof up on some other contract as I seem to remember.
When was the Notice to Proceed issued for the new Sprinter Locomotives?

Doesn't SEPTA have a number of AEM-7s and one ALP-44 as I recall? They acquired the ALP-44 as penalty payment for a Bombardier goof up on some other contract as I seem to remember.
When was the Notice to Proceed issued for the new Sprinter Locomotives?
I don't know. What on earth does that have to do with how many AEM-7s and ALP-44s SEPTA has, completely beats me though.

Right on! It's 7 or 8 toasters and a single ALP. That was a "Fix it" for the Norristown Trolleys..
They have 7 DCs and one ALP44-M. The Amtrak count is down to 9 remans that remain active. By active, that means they have yet to be stored or decommissioned. It doesn't mean they are necessarily operating.

Back