AEM7 Retirement

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone knows which Amtrak trains will have aem-7s this weekend? Please post when you find out

Anyone knows which Amtrak trains will have aem-7s this weekend? Please post when you find out

156(20) will have an AEM-7 and 19(20) is still scheduled to have an AEM-7.

Thanks, that's interesting, haven't seen them running in quite some time. Love to see them once more.

Is 4901 still sitting up in Riverside, or did they bring her back?
The 4901 is officially retired. It flashed over quite some time ago. The rest of the MARC AEM-7s are in the north end of Ivy City. You can see them from the right of way if you look to your left departing WAS. They are just north of the new substation. The last time I passed through the area, two of them had their pantographs up, one had it down.

It looks like MARC has the last of everything except the ALP-44s!

I really wonder if the 917 is retired. It is due inspection and the last two units were put back in service. It would make sense to have more than two units available for MARC, who seems to be using two at a clip.

heard #942 broke down at NYP and was replaced by an ACS-64
While trying to figure out what train it could have been (173 I'm guessing? Also, what in the world is going on that's delaying everything between WIL and BAL tonight? It's causing 66 to still be sitting in WAS, after sitting there for an hour and 40 minutes currently), I noticed that 173 did a time warp today. It arrived in to NYP at 4:38pm, and departed at 4:35pm. Another whacky day on the rails I guess.

heard #942 broke down at NYP and was replaced by an ACS-64
While trying to figure out what train it could have been (173 I'm guessing? Also, what in the world is going on that's delaying everything between WIL and BAL tonight? It's causing 66 to still be sitting in WAS, after sitting there for an hour and 40 minutes currently), I noticed that 173 did a time warp today. It arrived in to NYP at 4:38pm, and departed at 4:35pm. Another whacky day on the rails I guess.
Flooding just north of WAS. The same place there was a fire that temporarily shut things down in the morning. Sometimes it's just one of those days...
MARC has another AEM, its pushing me to WAS now. Try to get the number and a picture when we arrive.

Edit: 927 is pulling MARC duty...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I just read that the last 3 AC units on Amtrak have now been retired. The AEM-7's have now been officially retired from Amtrak service.

Now would be the time to do something to bid farewell to those good old reliable workhorses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I just read that the last 3 AC units on Amtrak have now been retired. The AEM-7's have now been officially retired from Amtrak service.

Now would be the time to do something to bid farewell to those good old reliable workhorses!
Source please. I would like to be able to get independent confirmation as well.

Source please. I would like to be able to get independent confirmation as well.
If he read it on FB or Wiki, then he read erroneous information. Apparently some foamer was messing with Wiki and someone posted it on FB.

Back