Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, no one's close, Here is the Amtrak ticketing and waiting area in the next round room:

guess-nov202.JPG

Yes, FriskyFL, you guessed it before I had to post a giveaway photo of the MBTA partially high/partially low-level platform that Commuter trains and the Lake Shore Limited stop at.

Went from Boston to New York Yesterday via the Inland Route.

What a stunning appearing station Worcester is. And currently only served by the LSL and a few 'T' commuter trains? Seems like a waste of such a beautiful facility....

What a stunning appearing station Worcester is. And currently only served by the LSL and a few 'T' commuter trains? Seems like a waste of such a beautiful facility....
It isn't that much of a waste, portions are used for offices, the central great hall is rented out as an event space (but normally open to the public). There is an intercity bus station and a new downtown bus hub will open across the street from the station next Month, MBTA is in the process (and just did the first round) of increasing Commuter Rail Service. The issue is that the electrification on the NEC made sending trains via the inland route take two hours longer, not just an hour.

I also just uploaded a full photo set of the station (over 100) if you want to get a full feel of the buliding.

It isn't that much of a waste, portions are used for offices, the central great hall is rented out as an event space (but normally open to the public). There is an intercity bus station and a new downtown bus hub will open across the street from the station next Month, MBTA is in the process (and just did the first round) of increasing Commuter Rail Service. The issue is that the electrification on the NEC made sending trains via the inland route take two hours longer, not just an hour.

I also just uploaded a full photo set of the station (over 100) if you want to get a full feel of the buliding.
Thanks for providing that link. Great photo's and info!

I seems a shame that there is currently no direct service between WOR and NYP via SPG.....I used to ride to WOR in the '50's. There were no thru trains back then, but there were many connections available via either SPG or PVD.....

Back