Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the last car is a sleeper and it's not the TE, that would leave the CONO. And the picture was taken when the temporary consist was in effect.

But the station? I haven't a clue. I'll just throw out a guess of Memphis.

Last edited by a moderator:
The photo reflects the standard consist of this train ... but it's not the CONO. Given the other trains I've eliminated, I think that leaves only one possible route. :)

If it is not the EB, TE, HF, CS or CONO, it has to be the SWC, CZ or CL.

I don't know about the AT and its consist. Maybe it is the Imperial or the Spirit!!

Yup, I agree that we're down to the SL carrying through TE cars. Given lack of activity on the platform I'm assuming it's not a major station.

Yuma, AZ?

Del Rio, TX?
That's it! Definitely a challenging one.

On this trip, we were held up there for a while while the Feds went through the train, looking for supposed illegal immigrants or other people they deemed Amtrak-unworthy. They found a family that they decided shouldn't be aboard, and were in the process of removing them when I shot this photo ... that's the little knot of people in the far background.

Del Rio, TX?
That's it! Definitely a challenging one.

On this trip, we were held up there for a while while the Feds went through the train, looking for supposed illegal immigrants or other people they deemed Amtrak-unworthy. They found a family that they decided shouldn't be aboard, and were in the process of removing them when I shot this photo ... that's the little knot of people in the far background.
I almost said that, but it didn't match what I could see on Google Earth. I knew it was the SL, on the SAS-LAX leg, and the fact it was at night narrowed it to a handful of stations...

Here's the next station:

555408_2915205474566_1093564707_32163437_683578967_n.jpg

Credit for this shot goes to my girlfriend, not me, but here's a station that hasn't been featured yet (to my knowledge, at least).

Never noticed it before, but I love that RV type AC unit on top of the cab!

(And I have no clue as to where it is.)

Sorry, it's not RTE.

I do enjoy the cab AC unit as well. Each AEM-7 (or at least the AC conversions) has one on each end for each cab, I believe.

BOS is correct. That was the only shot of BOS I could find in my collections without either an MBTA train or the bus station visible, both of which are dead giveaways.

BOS is correct. That was the only shot of BOS I could find in my collections without either an MBTA train or the bus station visible, both of which are dead giveaways.
The purple on the post was actually the giveaway for me - I figured with that it had to be an MBTA station of some kind.

The purple on the post was actually the giveaway for me - I figured with that it had to be an MBTA station of some kind.
Good catch! I thought someone would figure that out. It's almost too dark to see it in the photo, but those pillars are actually a sort of deep red - it's the same color used throughout South Station for the platform signs, directional signs, etc., and I've never seen it used at any other nearby station (the MBTA usually goes for a much more vivid/potentially obnoxious shade of purple, as you mention). The red pillars are also the tip-off that a large number of AGR brochure promotional shots have been staged at BOS.

Back