RUDE SCA on SWC #4

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot fathom why you had different conduct from him.
I'm glad you provided this info GG-1. I'm pretty sure I would have been more rude then Rene if I was treated poorly by a customer, sounds like he did a pretty good job to me.
Sounds like TVRM is saying it is my fault he treated me that way. That was nice to know. I hope I misread the posting.
Well it doesn't sound like this guy is the best SCA ever that's for sure. What I was saying is that if someone conducted a "search party" in order for me to tell them where the shower was, and then made negative comments two nights in a row I probably wouldn't have kept a smile on my face either. I'm making a pretty large assumption that you weren't being the cheeriest customer. Your attitude directly effects the type of service you receive, not just on amtrak, but throughout the service industry.

I'm not saying that you deserved it, but I'm saying that your attitude probably didn't help the situation. My guess is that Renee is one of the SCA's that doesn't like dealing with the Trans-dorm, so he probably also had a negative attitude to start with.

I have a somewhat ignorant question. Is the call button in the transdorm programed to light up in the attendant's room in the car he is working? Is it possible that the SCA wasn't aware that the OP had used the call button?

I've never traveled in a transdorm - the first time I'd ever been in one was at NTD this year.
You hit the nail right on the head!

In a regular sleeper when one pushes the call button, three things happen. It lights up a light on the little metal plate with the room number above the doorway in the hall. It rings a chime downstairs and lights up on a panel there indicating what room. And it lights up an indicator in the attendants room.

In a Trans/Dorm, the light above the doorway goes on and I believe that it lights up on a panel downstairs. However, no inidcation that a call button has been pushed is transmitted to the next sleeping car where the attendant is located.

I don't say this to excuse things, after all if he was busy reading a book one time with his door shut, we're not off to a good start IMHO. And there were other issues that I also feel he didn't handle properly.

But I can excuse him not realizing that a call button had been pushed at least right away; read within 15 minutes or so. But he is supposed to look into the Trans/Dorm for those lights above the doorway on a semi-regular basis. Especially at times when people would most need help, like bedtime.

Having sworn that I had read good things about Rene before on this site, I did a simple search of his name and was surprised to find these two posts, both of them from you:

Sunset Chief Crew

and...

Sunset Limited Crew

BlueJeanGirl (an Amtrak Conductor) mentions to you in the second post that she believed Rene was now working the SWC. You wrote that, "I fell in love with the level of service I received from SCA Rene" and 6 months later wrote "Alice in the diner was great as was Rene in the sleeper."

In today's post, you wrote that "I think I found the rudest SCA EVER!," language which implies you had never met Rene before your trip this weekend. So I guess I am confused about your post above. Are you saying that the Rene you had this weekend (the rudest SCA ever) is a different SCA than the Rene you had on your Sunset Limited trip who left such a positive impression on you - so much so that you wrote posts extolling his service levels that were six months apart from one another?

I'm not excusing the rude treatment from him on this weekend's trip, if that's what happened, but I guess I would like to know if there are two SCAs named Rene, one of which made a stellar impression on you in the past. If so, I would like to know more about the other one so I can be prepared if I should get him on one of my LDT trips. Or are you just not remembering that you had Rene in the past and gave him a glowing review upon your return from that trip? It would be helpful to clear this up.
This is a different Rene than on the SS LTD.
Can you provide a description of each Rene so I can differentiate the two on a future trip should I discover my SCA is named Rene? I have seen photos of the Rene greatcats referenced above, taken along the SWC route, but haven't seen or read about the other one. Thanks.
Rene SS LTD is Phillipino with an accent(sp)

Rene SWC is probably mid to late 40's black hair glasses dark complexion no accent not sure of his background other than caucassion.

Having sworn that I had read good things about Rene before on this site, I did a simple search of his name and was surprised to find these two posts, both of them from you:

Sunset Chief Crew

and...

Sunset Limited Crew

BlueJeanGirl (an Amtrak Conductor) mentions to you in the second post that she believed Rene was now working the SWC. You wrote that, "I fell in love with the level of service I received from SCA Rene" and 6 months later wrote "Alice in the diner was great as was Rene in the sleeper."

In today's post, you wrote that "I think I found the rudest SCA EVER!," language which implies you had never met Rene before your trip this weekend. So I guess I am confused about your post above. Are you saying that the Rene you had this weekend (the rudest SCA ever) is a different SCA than the Rene you had on your Sunset Limited trip who left such a positive impression on you - so much so that you wrote posts extolling his service levels that were six months apart from one another?

I'm not excusing the rude treatment from him on this weekend's trip, if that's what happened, but I guess I would like to know if there are two SCAs named Rene, one of which made a stellar impression on you in the past. If so, I would like to know more about the other one so I can be prepared if I should get him on one of my LDT trips. Or are you just not remembering that you had Rene in the past and gave him a glowing review upon your return from that trip? It would be helpful to clear this up.
This is a different Rene than on the SS LTD.
Can you provide a description of each Rene so I can differentiate the two on a future trip should I discover my SCA is named Rene? I have seen photos of the Rene greatcats referenced above, taken along the SWC route, but haven't seen or read about the other one. Thanks.
Rene SS LTD is Phillipino with an accent(sp)

Rene SWC is probably mid to late 40's black hair glasses dark complexion no accent not sure of his background other than caucassion.
I had Filipino Rene on the #3 SWC and in my opinion was the best SCA I've ever had. He was funny, witty and charming (and doesn't seem to be the Rene you've just had). As an aside, the same batch of crews in LA work the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited and Southwest Chief (and apparently sometimes even the Cascades as a lounge attendant).

Curious, 'cause I have never been "made prisoner" as a pax in the trans-dorm. (though I have walked thru them, upper and lower levels, just looking around)

Anyway, does the SCA assigned to the trans-dorm "live" in the full sleeper adjacent to the trans-dorm? (I think that's correct) IF they do, and you are in your room in the trans-dorm, and you push the "CALL" button, will that "indicate" in the SCA's room in the adjacent car?

I'm betting that it does/should. If it didn't, then I guess you could press that "CALL" button all day long, and it would only be noticed IF/WHEN the SCA walked into the trans-dorm, and checked the SCA-room in there.

Someone with more knowledge, please advise. TYVM.

I'm thinking there might be some "interesting" SCAs floating around on the Southwest Chief for whatever reason... I had one of the worst SCAs I ever had on Amtrak on the eastbound Southwest Chief this past March.

I'll spare blasting her name in a public forum... but she was something else. The "average" Amtrak passenger who doesn't know a lot about the cars and room sizes and how everything worked probably wouldn't have even noticed what she was trying to pull... but it was clear to us.

The problems started the first night out of LAX, around San Bernardino, when she came to make up the beds in our Bedroom. My friend and I were traveling in "C". Anyway, the latch on the top bunk wouldn't latch properly... meaning it wasn't safe for someone to use/sleep in the top bed. She wanted to move us permanently into "A". I explained that we really didn't want "A" because it was somewhat smaller than the other bedrooms... and just because the bed didn't latch... we didn't want the smaller room for 2 people for the next 2 days.

I got on the phone and had a friend who worked for Amtrak pull up the manifest for #4... and there were A LOT of unsold roomettes in the car all the way to CHI... so I threw out the suggestion to the SCA that we keep "C" (the larger room), use it during the day as we paid for... and then at night... my friend would use the lower bed... and I'd just go and sleep in one of the un-sold roomettes.

She didn't like this idea... and insisted she could try and "fix" the bed. My friend who I was traveling with is pretty handy when it comes to mechanical and technical things like fixing the latch... and I told her... if he couldn't fix it... chances are... it's not going to be fixed... can't we just go with my idea of me just retreating to a roomette at night to sleep and us keeping the room? Well, NO. She proceeds to try and fix the latch... then gives up... and goes and takes her dinner break in the diner... leaving us for almost an hour wanting to go to bed, but not able to because the top bunk was not us-able. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. She comes back an hour later... and proceeds to try and get everyone on the train to try and fix the latch... conductor, assistant conductor, other sleeping car attendant, even the LSA and other waiter in the dining car!! No such luck... surprise, surprise.

Finally, she agrees on the idea of us keeping "C" and also having Room #2 at night to sleep in.

I'm sorry... the bed latch thing wasn't our fault... so why should be get stuck in a smaller bedroom for 2 days because of it??

Anyway, our SCA's true motive was discovered when I overheard a conversation between her and someone on her cell phone... SHE wanted "C" for herself... and made a comment that she refuses to stay in the Room #1 which attendants traditionally get... she will 'only stay in a big bedroom with my private bathroom'. Nice, huh?

This was further proven when we overhead a conversation she was having with the ticket agent in La Junta, CO... where she and the other SCA had the agent block off "A" and "B" for themselves all night on the second night of the trip so the rooms couldn't be sold in the middle of the night between La Junta and Chicago.

What crap... I mean I can see wanting the bigger bedroom and your own bathroom... but it's also cheating Amtrak out of potential revenue. I mean maybe someone wanted to upgrade along the line to a larger bedroom... that's $200+ in revenue stolen from Amtrak potentially.

And yes, we did call and complain and report her for doing that.

I am familiar with the situations described by the OP. I was trying to sleep in the same transdorm on the same trip. The OP (if it is who I believe it to be, based upon the fact that only one person traveled virtually the entire distance in that car) was not traveling alone, but had another person in the room. The room had its lower mattress replaced THREE times, with no explanation as to where the previous mattresses went (I'm sure the cleaning crew is in for a rude surprise; I get it, people pee the bed or worse, but own up to it!). The call button was rung (apparently by someone who didn't understand that the signal doesn't go through to the 31 car, and that you have to LEAVE THE BUTTON ON or no one will know which room is calling!) roughly EVERY 20 MINUTES ALL NIGHT LONG on the first night out of Chicago, waking most of the crew and other passengers in the car! (The conductors were in the diner all night, as they tend to be on this train overnight). The only other people in the car for more than one night (wanna see the manifest? I still have a copy!) were the yakking woman who complimented the entire staff yet left not one thin dime for anyone (and she was in coach on the first night out, anyway), and BT travelers. For those who don't know, BT's are employees or other "passriders", who pay little or nothing for the room, don't get meals, and are responsible entirely for making up their own rooms.

There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with this post, either in leaving out little details like the second person in the room, or perhaps just making up a story based on second-hand information...

I'm thinking there might be some "interesting" SCAs floating around on the Southwest Chief for whatever reason... I had one of the worst SCAs I ever had on Amtrak on the eastbound Southwest Chief this past March.

I'll spare blasting her name in a public forum... but she was something else. The "average" Amtrak passenger who doesn't know a lot about the cars and room sizes and how everything worked probably wouldn't have even noticed what she was trying to pull... but it was clear to us.

The problems started the first night out of LAX, around San Bernardino, when she came to make up the beds in our Bedroom. My friend and I were traveling in "C". Anyway, the latch on the top bunk wouldn't latch properly... meaning it wasn't safe for someone to use/sleep in the top bed. She wanted to move us permanently into "A". I explained that we really didn't want "A" because it was somewhat smaller than the other bedrooms... and just because the bed didn't latch... we didn't want the smaller room for 2 people for the next 2 days.

I got on the phone and had a friend who worked for Amtrak pull up the manifest for #4... and there were A LOT of unsold roomettes in the car all the way to CHI... so I threw out the suggestion to the SCA that we keep "C" (the larger room), use it during the day as we paid for... and then at night... my friend would use the lower bed... and I'd just go and sleep in one of the un-sold roomettes.

She didn't like this idea... and insisted she could try and "fix" the bed. My friend who I was traveling with is pretty handy when it comes to mechanical and technical things like fixing the latch... and I told her... if he couldn't fix it... chances are... it's not going to be fixed... can't we just go with my idea of me just retreating to a roomette at night to sleep and us keeping the room? Well, NO. She proceeds to try and fix the latch... then gives up... and goes and takes her dinner break in the diner... leaving us for almost an hour wanting to go to bed, but not able to because the top bunk was not us-able. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. She comes back an hour later... and proceeds to try and get everyone on the train to try and fix the latch... conductor, assistant conductor, other sleeping car attendant, even the LSA and other waiter in the dining car!! No such luck... surprise, surprise.

Finally, she agrees on the idea of us keeping "C" and also having Room #2 at night to sleep in.

I'm sorry... the bed latch thing wasn't our fault... so why should be get stuck in a smaller bedroom for 2 days because of it??

Anyway, our SCA's true motive was discovered when I overheard a conversation between her and someone on her cell phone... SHE wanted "C" for herself... and made a comment that she refuses to stay in the Room #1 which attendants traditionally get... she will 'only stay in a big bedroom with my private bathroom'. Nice, huh?

This was further proven when we overhead a conversation she was having with the ticket agent in La Junta, CO... where she and the other SCA had the agent block off "A" and "B" for themselves all night on the second night of the trip so the rooms couldn't be sold in the middle of the night between La Junta and Chicago.

What crap... I mean I can see wanting the bigger bedroom and your own bathroom... but it's also cheating Amtrak out of potential revenue. I mean maybe someone wanted to upgrade along the line to a larger bedroom... that's $200+ in revenue stolen from Amtrak potentially.

And yes, we did call and complain and report her for doing that.
The attendant (why are people using "SCA" when there is no such position? They are sleeper t.a.'s...) did right by you in offering room "A" - it costs the same as room C! It is smaller by about one square foot - it feels different because the lavatory is set in the middle of the room, instead of by the door. Asking for an extra roomette is NOT a viable option unless you're paying for it. It's a lot of likely lost revenue (on busy trains, roomettes almost always sell out on board by upgrading coach passengers). If you HAD done the wise thing and taken room A, the TA would likely have slept in room C. As far as the relative safety of room C, the upper berth latch is a problem when it's up, for day use, not when it's down. When it's down, it is perfectly safe for any normal use. As to blocking off the room/rooms for personal use, I'm going to have to call you on that one: it's not allowed, and no ticket agent who values their job is going to do such a thing, nor will any conductor. I've been on train 4 perhaps 10 times this year so far, and there have been NO sleepers (except the TransDorm) which have had more than one or two empty roomettes for any significant portion of the trip when I've been there, and that's been the experience of all crew members I've spoken to. I know all this because I work there (I'm no the TA described, though I can sympathize). Just because you want to get all fussy about exactly which bedroom you get doesn't make a bad TA!! In fact, with similar mechanical situations occurring occasionally, you may not necessarily get the room that's shown on your ticket. Stop asking for the moon, when you've been offered a reasonable alternative!

What possible benefit can come from hiding her name? If she did what you say she did then I say spill it! :cool:
I'll have to check my notes when I get home to Milwaukee this afternoon (doing train watching in Glenview, IL today near my parent's house)... and she did what I said... I traveled with another AUF member... and he can back me up on this. :)

Anyway, does the SCA assigned to the trans-dorm "live" in the full sleeper adjacent to the trans-dorm? (I think that's correct)
That is the current procedure; although Amtrak has tried various ways to handle it.

IF they do, and you are in your room in the trans-dorm, and you push the "CALL" button, will that "indicate" in the SCA's room in the adjacent car?
I'm betting that it does/should. If it didn't, then I guess you could press that "CALL" button all day long, and it would only be noticed IF/WHEN the SCA walked into the trans-dorm, and checked the SCA-room in there.
In a Trans/Dorm, the light above the doorway goes on and I believe that it lights up on a panel downstairs. However, no inidcation that a call button has been pushed is transmitted to the next sleeping car where the attendant is located.

But I can excuse him not realizing that a call button had been pushed at least right away; read within 15 minutes or so. But he is supposed to look into the Trans/Dorm for those lights above the doorway on a semi-regular basis. Especially at times when people would most need help, like bedtime.

I am familiar with the situations described by the OP. I was trying to sleep in the same transdorm on the same trip. The OP (if it is who I believe it to be, based upon the fact that only one person traveled virtually the entire distance in that car) was not traveling alone, but had another person in the room. The room had its lower mattress replaced THREE times, with no explanation as to where the previous mattresses went (I'm sure the cleaning crew is in for a rude surprise; I get it, people pee the bed or worse, but own up to it!). The call button was rung (apparently by someone who didn't understand that the signal doesn't go through to the 31 car, and that you have to LEAVE THE BUTTON ON or no one will know which room is calling!) roughly EVERY 20 MINUTES ALL NIGHT LONG on the first night out of Chicago, waking most of the crew and other passengers in the car! (The conductors were in the diner all night, as they tend to be on this train overnight). The only other people in the car for more than one night (wanna see the manifest? I still have a copy!) were the yakking woman who complimented the entire staff yet left not one thin dime for anyone (and she was in coach on the first night out, anyway), and BT travelers. For those who don't know, BT's are employees or other "passriders", who pay little or nothing for the room, don't get meals, and are responsible entirely for making up their own rooms.

There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with this post, either in leaving out little details like the second person in the room, or perhaps just making up a story based on second-hand information...
I have to say that it sounds like we're talking about 2 different situations. The OP said:

6 Pm comes and I am exhausted and we see each other in the Trans-Drom hallway and I say in half an hour I will be ready to turn in. 6:45 comes around and no Rene. Turn the light on again for him. 7:30 no Rene. I saw the conductor pass my room and advised him of the length my call light had been on. He found Rene somewhere who came to my room and I point blank said you forgot about me, at 6 I had said I would be ready to turn in at 6:30. He admitted he did forget.
First issue, he left the call light on. Second issue, he got his bed put down just after 7:30 PM and went to sleep. I've never seen the crew of the SWC all in their rooms trying to sleep at 7:30 PM on the first night out of Chicago. In fact, the dining car crew would still be serving dinner at that hour in the dining car, not sleeping in their rooms.

So frankly it sounds like these are two separate incidents.

I rode #3 all the way from CHI to LAX this March. I was in bedroom "D", and I can absolutely verify that my SCA slept in bedroom C both nights. E was empty for the first night but had a couple in there the second night, and bedroom B was occupied both nights by paying pax. Bedroom A was vacant for some time, I can't remember the exact details.

But the SCA DEFINITELY slept in bedroom C for both nights. My SCA never wore a nametag nor did he tell me his name, but it was a heavy-set caucasian gentleman about 40-50 years old.

irregardless, if a SCA is assigned to both a regular sleeper and the trans-dorm, they need to do their job. even if the OP hadn't pressed the call bell, the SCA should have at some point stopped by to see how he was doing, made sure he knew where everything was, etc. what if it was a passenger who had never ridden in a sleeper at all? I've been in the trans-dorm once, on the CS, and although the SCA was very busy, he always made a point of coming back to check on myself and the other passengers. he did a great job, better than some SCAs who only have one car to look after. bottom line is that they're being paid to do a job, just like we all are at our own jobs, and doing it well is important.

The attendant (why are people using "SCA" when there is no such position? They are sleeper t.a.'s...)
Per the Route Guides provided by Amtrak:

Sleeping Car Attendant is responsible for providing all service for passengers ticketed in Sleeping car accommodations, including room preparation, luggage service and any assistance necessary to ensure a comfortable journey. He or she can also assist with meal reservations or arrange for your meal to be served in the privacy and comfort of your accommodation.

To best answer the question you raise above, perhaps you as an Amtrak employee can have Amtrak's marketing team work with the operations team and reconcile the title to its proper form. Until and unless you do so, it is perfectly reasonable for pax to use the term Sleeping Car Attendant/SCA since Amtrak itself uses it in its marketing collateral.

The call button was rung (apparently by someone who didn't understand that the signal doesn't go through to the 31 car, and that you have to LEAVE THE BUTTON ON or no one will know which room is calling!) roughly EVERY 20 MINUTES ALL NIGHT LONG on the first night out of Chicago, waking most of the crew and other passengers in the car!

So - you, as a "Crew Member", couldn't get up and go see why the button was being pushed so much? Or, is this a case of, that's not in my job description, and I'll let it annoy everyone all night long. What if the person pushing the button was having a medical emergency?

The call button was rung (apparently by someone who didn't understand that the signal doesn't go through to the 31 car, and that you have to LEAVE THE BUTTON ON or no one will know which room is calling!) roughly EVERY 20 MINUTES ALL NIGHT LONG on the first night out of Chicago, waking most of the crew and other passengers in the car!

So - you, as a "Crew Member", couldn't get up and go see why the button was being pushed so much? Or, is this a case of, that's not in my job description, and I'll let it annoy everyone all night long. What if the person pushing the button was having a medical emergency?
HERE! HERE! Well said. I've never used the call button, and never plan to, EXCEPT if there was a true emergency.

I've never used the call button, and never plan to, EXCEPT if there was a true emergency.
I have! But that was because I was instructed to do so by one attendant. He requested that I hit the button before heading to the dining car in the morning for breakfast, that way he'd know that he could get into my room and do it up while I was at breakfast.

That was not me. I travelled solo and know that repeatedly pushing the button does nothing but turn the light on and off. I also don't ring past 9 PM or earlier than 7 AM for that very reason that EVERYONE, except obviously the SCA can hear it even with a door closed.

I can totally sympathize with someone who paid for the kind of service and the grandeur of train travel as advertised in the literature provided by Amtrak, and once again was expected to accept poor to mediocre service levels most all of us have experienced. Sadly Amtraks wording in the brochures and the price paid leads one to believe they will be pampered, if not totally catered to on their LD trains. I complained to Amtrak about a family trip I took in march, by phone and in writing, someone assured me I would be contacted in the next few days. I am still waiting. I love traveling by train. I wish I had another choice other than Amtrak. Out of the dozen or so LD trips(or shorter trips) I have taken in the last year and a half I've only had service to crow about once, maybe twice. My expectations were only high because of the level of service I was led to believe I would receive as provided by the literature. I wish there was a way to weed out these bad employs, but when I read post like ScottC's and many others, I fear we will have to practice acceptance, or worse yet fly. It's just so hard to see this country from 35,000+ feet in the air. I guess it just boils down to expectation vs acceptance. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

I fear it falls under a union thing...if one is not and SCA you would not expect someone from the dinning car to answer the bell...however in the middle of the night it could have very well been a liability issue if one had a medical emergency.

I fear it falls under a union thing...if one is not and SCA you would not expect someone from the dinning car to answer the bell...however in the middle of the night it could have very well been a liability issue if one had a medical emergency.
Anyone who was awakened that often, crew member OR passenger, would respond if they knew who was doing it so often!

I can totally sympathize with someone who paid for the kind of service and the grandeur of train travel as advertised in the literature provided by Amtrak, and once again was expected to accept poor to mediocre service levels most all of us have experienced. Sadly Amtraks wording in the brochures and the price paid leads one to believe they will be pampered, if not totally catered to on their LD trains. I complained to Amtrak about a family trip I took in march, by phone and in writing, someone assured me I would be contacted in the next few days. I am still waiting. I love traveling by train. I wish I had another choice other than Amtrak. Out of the dozen or so LD trips(or shorter trips) I have taken in the last year and a half I've only had service to crow about once, maybe twice. My expectations were only high because of the level of service I was led to believe I would receive as provided by the literature. I wish there was a way to weed out these bad employs, but when I read post like ScottC's and many others, I fear we will have to practice acceptance, or worse yet fly. It's just so hard to see this country from 35,000+ feet in the air. I guess it just boils down to expectation vs acceptance. :blink:
Gads. When I read posts like this I really think some people need a reality check. If you were looking for onboard grandeur and pampering/catering-to, you missed that opportunity when the AOE went out of business (and broke) a couple of years back. Amtrak provides transportation. If you pay for a sleeper, we will do our best to make you comfortable, but it is NOT a cruise in the Presidential Suite on the Queen Mary II. I spend money out of my pocket for little extras like candies by the coffee station, etc., things that we are technically not supposed to do. But given the limitations of equipment and supplies, we can only describe sleeping car service as a nice upgrade above coach. We are not nurses, babysitters, therapists, mechanics, or magicians. The literature gives a very accurate description of services available onboard, including freshly prepared meals, room make-up service, etc. Anything left out of brochures (seat/bed dimensions, menu options, etc.) can generally be accessed online or by calling Amtrak. Bring it down a notch!

Reality check? Or Are you just another Guest posing as an employee trying to make us believe that p*ss poor service is to be expectected when we ride the train? I've ridden Amtrak before I know the deal. I'm just saying the level of service expected is not (always) the level of service delivered. There are Good SCA's and there are bad ones. If you are a "real TA" I get the idea of which one you are. Go find a job you like, why don'tcha

I have to say that it sounds like we're talking about 2 different situations. The OP said:

6 Pm comes and I am exhausted and we see each other in the Trans-Drom hallway and I say in half an hour I will be ready to turn in. 6:45 comes around and no Rene. Turn the light on again for him. 7:30 no Rene. I saw the conductor pass my room and advised him of the length my call light had been on. He found Rene somewhere who came to my room and I point blank said you forgot about me, at 6 I had said I would be ready to turn in at 6:30. He admitted he did forget.
First issue, he left the call light on. Second issue, he got his bed put down just after 7:30 PM and went to sleep. I've never seen the crew of the SWC all in their rooms trying to sleep at 7:30 PM on the first night out of Chicago. In fact, the dining car crew would still be serving dinner at that hour in the dining car, not sleeping in their rooms.

So frankly it sounds like these are two separate incidents.
Also, just because OP complained about a bad service experience doesn't mean he/she or companion peed the bed "or worse" three times! Most people over 6 years of age with incontinence issues have learned how to manage the situation without hanging on a call light all night. I sometimes feel it takes pretty thick skin for a poster to complain on this board. I especially love riding LD trains, but it does not stretch my imagination to believe people occasionally have bad service experiences without being personally to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back