Coach Passengers visiting Sleeper Passengers?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait. Are suggesting parentage should affect sleeper class privilege? Legitimate passengers get the services, but bastards do not?

My daughter and I will be in the sleeper car (bedroom or Family bedroom), but my son and nephew are riding coach. Will they be able to come visit us during the day in our sleeper bedroom to play cards and such?
Daughter is 18, and son and nephew are 21. We wanted a quiet, private place to do our Bible studies. Lounge car can get loud and disruptive at times depending on who's traveling.
So, you're basically asking us, if its ok for your son and nephew to steal a service, for which you acknowledge they didn't pay to use?

Passengers pay extra, a lot extra, to enjoy the privacy and quiet of the sleeper cars. Something your son and nephew with only coach tickets, didn't pay to use.

May I be bold enough to strongly suggest that part of your Bible studies include a review of "Thou shall not steal". Apparently, that's an ethic you seem to be deficient in understanding.
Man, you are WAY OUTA LINE. They aren't "Stealing" anything, they are visiting, Not sleeping, not partaking of included meals. Have you not ever had a friend visit you while in a hotel? Same thing. This "elitist, No one can visit me in the sleeper, cause I paid for it, and you didn't" attitude is BS.
Well hell lets have everyone in coach hangout in the sleeper and "visit." Screw it, lets open up the Metropolitan Lounges as well while were at it. Buy one sleeper, bring 20 along. Screw the suckers that paid extra for the sleepers, wider seats etc. So when someone forks out the kind of cash for a sleeper, whats wrong with being "elitist?" Sure not forking over that kind of money to be egalitarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back