Amtrak Status Maps / Amsnag - Down

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have been a bit crazed for me lately, so I've been distracted, but I'm very grateful the status maps and AMSNAG are up and running again. A belated THANKS! IMHO John and Paul ought to be making at least twice what they do now for all the hard work and knowledge they put into this.

Oh, god, this is bad! Amsnag is down again for me! Shows up like this:

Warning: include(common/mysql.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 27

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'common/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 27

Warning: include(common/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'common/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 28

Fatal error: Call to undefined function openDB() in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 29

What is this supposed to mean?

Warning: include(common/mysql.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 27

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'common/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 27

Warning: include(common/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'common/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 28

Fatal error: Call to undefined function openDB() in /hermes/bosweb/web201/b2011/nf.biketrain/public_html/amsnag/amSnag.php on line 29

Good question. Double check your bookmark. It should be http://biketrain.net/fooonuAmtrak/amSnag.php .

It's working for me, so I'm baffled.

jb

Good question. Double check your bookmark. It should be http://biketrain.net/fooonuAmtrak/amSnag.php .

It's working for me, so I'm baffled.

jb

Funny thing. I got the same gobbledygook when I tried Amsnag. But after using the above URL, it worked fine. What is funny is that the above URL is different than the one I had saved, from the time I first heard about Amsnag, which worked up until yesterday. Ah, well. I've deleted the first URL, copied and saved the new one, and all is well again. :)

Funny thing. I got the same gobbledygook when I tried Amsnag. But after using the above URL, it worked fine. What is funny is that the above URL is different than the one I had saved, from the time I first heard about Amsnag, which worked up until yesterday. Ah, well. I've deleted the first URL, copied and saved the new one, and all is well again. :)
I just tried my old link and had a similar experience as well. The new link works fine.

John's URL is different from the URL I had.

Mine was: http://biketrain.netfirms.com/amsnag/amSnag.php

John provided: http://biketrain.net/fooonuAmtrak/amSnag.php

Why are there so many URLs?
Well, of course there is the original one that you had. When everything broke down last month Amsnag had to move to a different server. Paul created a new URL to do that. He implemented a forwarding mechanism at the old URL. Apparently, this mechanism worked up until yesterday, but then something changed. Only Paul could answer as to what that might have been.

jb

Why are there so many URLs?
The simplest url is

biketrain.net/amsnag/

and should do it every time. It automatically retrieves the default page biketrain.net/amsnag/index.htm. index.htm then redirects it to the real thing. The redirect is just to make typing the url simpler. At least I found it useful while I was debugging it.

Originally, index.htm pointed to biketrain.net/amsnag/amSnag.php.

But the real program has been moved to John's server. Now biketrain.net/amsnag/ which is the same as biketrain.net/amsnag/index.htm points to biketrain.net/fooonuAmtrak/amSnag.php which sucks the results from amSnag.php on John's server.

I may have fooled around with the original script at biketrain.net/amsnag/amSnag.php, which could have caused the bug you experienced. If not the bug, you would have gotten the fooonu page from Amtrak. Bottom line: use

biketrain.net/fooonuAmtrak/amSnag.php

or simply

biketrain.net/amsnag/

Or to put it another way biketrain.net/amsnag/ worked then and works now, but not biketrain.net/amsnag/amSnag.php.

If that isn't as clear as mud, someone has suggested patenting something like amsnag.net and and pointing it to the real thing. Be my guest. I'll be glad to supply any info you need.

I LOVE this service and thank you so much for providing it! I thought you might like to know, though, that the AmSnag thread in the First Time Riders forum still points to the old page. Keep up the great work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back