Amtrak Status Maps / Amsnag - Down

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul,

As a former programmer turned manager, I appreciate the work and difficulty put into this... now if only you could get Amtrak to hire you full time to develop some of their applications.

I tried a search a few minutes ago, WAS to NOL on 1/1/13 for 30 days, and got the following result (using both Firefox 11.0 and Chrome 18.0.1025.162):

(click the link for the full screen picture)

I tried some other searches with variable success:

Keeping the same dates, but changing the stations worked (WAS to WBG, 1/1/13 for 30 days gave back a full listing of results)

Same stations, but different dates also worked (WAS to NOL, 5/1/12 for 30 days gave back a full page of results)

Different stations on different dates didn't work (WAS to HFY, 5/1/12 for 30 days gave the same error as above)

Hope this helps, and feel free to PM me directly if there's any other troubleshooting or assistance I could provide.

~ DCTE

[EDIT for spelling and to correct the link]

Last edited by a moderator:
As a former programmer/system tester/system engineer/manager you have my gratitude as well. I know full the kind of difficulties you faced and overcame. Thank you very much.

Paul and John you guys are the best! Thanks so much for restoring this important fare resource. If I may make a suggestion to all who use it; try to keep the search to a weeks worth of fares so that the fare finder doesn't get overloaded with hits. It would be great if we could keep Amsnag "below the radar".

Paul and John you guys are the best! Thanks so much for restoring this important fare resource. If I may make a suggestion to all who use it; try to keep the search to a weeks worth of fares so that the fare finder doesn't get overloaded with hits. It would be great if we could keep Amsnag "below the radar".
You don't need to worry about this. Search all you want.

jb

I am not able to do 30 days. have to do 15 days.
That may be an unfortunate fact of life. The communications is much slower where my server is (although I have the fastest dsl you can get) than they were at the commercial site where AmSnag was located before. We continue to monitor performance issues and will make improvements, if we can.

jb

I would like to echo the comments of others and also let you know how much I appreciate and use this very valuable resource. Thanks for your efforts!

May I suggest to the moderators that this thread be closed. The original issue has been resolved. Things are more or less running again. Anything else, IMHO, should be covered in a new topic.

Thanks,

jb

Since most of the posts on the last page have simply been posts thanking you guys for your hard work, I'm inclined to let this stay open for a while for those who do wish to express their thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back