You know you ride trains too much when...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a great loophole solution for Eric and anyone else who felt they couldn't ride trains too much: move to Boston, board the T, and "forget" to bring an extra nickel for the exit fare :lol: I'm sure Charlie was secretly a foamer.
Of course, this works better if you have a devoted wife who hands you sandwiches every day as the train passes with you still stuck on it, especially if you're on a train with no food service cars!

I used to use the Kendall Square station when I was an undergrad. Really good grafitti there! :)

You know you are riding trains too much when you find yourself calling out each traffic signal while driving down the road :)

You know you are riding trains too much when you find that you know the signal and interlocking names and locations better than a freshly qualified assistant conductor :)

Last edited by a moderator:
you know you ride trains too much when you do the long long short long with your horn at every intersection.
You're not supposed to do that?!

No wonder all the other car drivers glare at me whenever I come blasting through an intersection!! :lol:

you know you ride trains too much when you do the long long short long with your horn at every intersection.

No wonder all the other car drivers glare at me whenever I come blasting through an intersection!! :lol:
NO! You're not supposed to do that and you're also not supposed to have install that train whistle you got under your hood so you can sound it when driving through small towns in the middle of the night where there are no train tracks around for miles! :p

There used to be a great loophole solution for Eric and anyone else who felt they couldn't ride trains too much: move to Boston, board the T, and "forget" to bring an extra nickel for the exit fare :lol: I'm sure Charlie was secretly a foamer.
Of course, this works better if you have a devoted wife who hands you sandwiches every day as the train passes with you still stuck on it, especially if you're on a train with no food service cars!

I used to use the Kendall Square station when I was an undergrad. Really good grafitti there! :)
Are you telling me Charlie is still riding the train and still hasn't returned :lol: :rolleyes:

Aloha

Anyone else make air-brake sounds when applying or releasing the car brakes? :p

Speaking of riding trains too much, I've heard rumors that one poor (or lucky?) guy, who's family hasn't heard from him since he hit the rails long long ago, has been legally declared deceased as the result of a petition filed by the greiving family! Who knows, the poor (or lucky?) guy may even be a regular poster on this forum, read this post and finally contact their family after all these years! :unsure:

Speaking of riding trains too much, I've heard rumors that one poor (or lucky?) guy, who's family hasn't heard from him since he hit the rails long long ago, has been legally declared deceased as the result of a petition filed by the greiving family! Who knows, the poor (or lucky?) guy may even be a regular poster on this forum, read this post and finally contact their family after all these years! :unsure:
Nahhh...it was the Amtrak employee who used to post the "Weakly Specials." They put an electronic monitor on him and rack up miles for the managers who are supposed to be riding the trains...not talking about them from behind a desk :p

NO! You're not supposed to do that and you're also not supposed to have install that train whistle you got under your hood so you can sound it when driving through small towns in the middle of the night where there are no train tracks around for miles! :p

Check This Out....

Check This Out....

I'll bet that was Jackal behind the wheel! :rolleyes:

I don't think there's much graffiti there anymore. :) There is still the "Kendall Band" of gongs and chimes between the tracks, though, and yes, people do still play with them.

You've found me! :angry:

But I'm not giving back the life insurance check we got! :p

You know you are riding trains too much when you find yourself calling out each traffic signal while driving down the road :)
You know you are riding trains too much when you find that you know the signal and interlocking names and locations better than a freshly qualified assistant conductor :)
That's too scary, or when you know highway locations by mile posts along the adjoining railroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back