You guessed it....another mudslide in Everett

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet another slide north of Vancouver, WA, although not completely blocking all tracks. But because of the restriction, we're stopped due to congestion on the remaining tracks.

D'oh! Yes, just got informed. I'm at PDX now. Bus from SEA to VAC.
I suppose we should be glad today's #7 didn't make it all the way to Seattle (and thus avoided getting stuck on the wrong side of the slide).

Mark
I don't think that buys us much. The Everett station is not equipped to service the train for the return trip. The #8 was stuck in Whitefish for more than 24 hours before they managed to flip it back into the #7 on 2/27. (We were ticketed for the #7 WFH to SEA on 2/26, and it felt like we were sneaking out of town, leaving the station on 2/27 at 7:30pm, almost 2 hours before normal departure, or 22 hours after, depending on your point of view. They left as soon as the bustitution passengers arrived from Havre.) Now we have tickets for the #8 SEA to WFH again on 3/15. I feel like I'm playing roulette.

Last edited by a moderator:
D'oh! Yes, just got informed. I'm at PDX now. Bus from SEA to VAC.
I suppose we should be glad today's #7 didn't make it all the way to Seattle (and thus avoided getting stuck on the wrong side of the slide).

Mark
I don't think that buys us much. The Everett station is not equipped to service the train for the return trip. The #8 was stuck in Whitefish for more than 24 hours before they managed to flip it back into the #7 on 2/27. (We were ticketed for the #7 WFH to SEA on 2/26, and it felt like we were sneaking out of town, leaving the station on 2/27 at 7:30pm, almost 2 hours before normal departure, or 22 hours after, depending on your point of view. They left as soon as the bustitution passengers arrived from Havre.) Now we have tickets for the #8 SEA to WFH again on 3/15. I feel like I'm playing roulette.
I suspect today's #8 is originating in Spokane due to the lateness of #7. That happens fairly regularly.

I'm on #7 departing CHI on the 16th...hopefully things will be ok by the time we reach that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back