XD Amtrak's money and food service...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK to recap I work on-board Amtrak trains. One of my family members is also kinda high up there in management.

Basically, he told me how Amtrak got their money for this year.

Amtrak signed a 'contract' of sorts -- that states if Amtrak's food service and sleeping car service can't make enough money, then by July 2006 Amtrak must find a way to 'get rid of them'.

:*( This makes me mad and pissy. I am no where near the point where I become 'vested' in the company, and all that money I put into Railroad Retirement will be lost. Blarrrg!

veririaa said:
OK to recap I work on-board Amtrak trains. One of my family members is also kinda high up there in management.
Basically, he told me how Amtrak got their money for this year.

Amtrak signed a 'contract' of sorts -- that states if Amtrak's food service and sleeping car service can't make enough money, then by July 2006 Amtrak must find a way to 'get rid of them'.

:*( This makes me mad and pissy. I am no where near the point where I become 'vested' in the company, and all that money I put into Railroad Retirement will be lost. Blarrrg!
Veririaa, this is why I and my cohort "trainboy" have been trying to get the news out especially to fellow OBS employees! We as employees need to have our homes in order (finacial situations)! It is only a matter of time before it hits the fan. If you don't mind, provide me some details if you have them via a private message. We can keep in touch about what is to happen in the coming months. I understand your anger as this angers me as well. Take care and good luck to you. OBS...

Wow! What a shock!

I'm in the same boat as you veririaa. I am just shy of two years in vestment in RRB, and know that I'll never see a nickle of the Tier II contribution as I won't make five years with Amtrak, and as of now, have no desire to work in the freight railroad industry. Only you know your personal situation. As for me, I'm actively seeking employment in the public sector as I've got a degree in public administration and non-profit management. Hopefully I'll be out of the Amtrak "dungeon" when the OBS sector of the company explodes and only the "dinosaurs", those with 15 years plus seniority, can hold jobs in the new company structure for the trains, especially the long distance ones. <_< :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back