X-Passer Death San Leandro 10/23/13

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From KTVU.com:

An Amtrak train struck and killed a man pushing a shopping cart in San Leandro Wednesday morning, a police and Amtrak officials said.

Train No. 527, which was on the Capitol Corridor line, was heading toward San Jose when it struck the pedestrian around 9:20 a.m. near Floresta Boulevard and Washington Avenue, Amtrak spokeswoman Vernae Graham said.

There is no designated crossing at that intersection, Graham said.
Unfortunately it occurs to me that AU could use a thread designated solely for reporting these all-to-often tragedies.

These incidents have got to be one of the worst parts of being an engineer.

It is, I haven't had one yet (hopefully I won't). I came close too many times and even that feeling is horrible.

Once again the news reporter is using the word pedestrian, if there's no designated crossing then he's trespassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It occurs to me that AU could use a thread designated solely for reporting these all-to-often tragedies.
I would support a single thread for pedestrian/driver/trespasser/suicide deaths.

In addition I would also support a separate thread for commercial vehicle operators since their actions represent a uniquely serious threat to the health and lives of those aboard the train.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back