Wyoming Mileage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to tot up the mileage for my rail trip in the US last July. The regular mileage I can get from the Amtrak timetable but, unfortunately, I chose one of the diversion weeks for my Chicago Zephyr trip, missed the scenic route and went via Wyoming between Denver and Salt Lake City.

Can anyone help with the mileage between those two cities via the Wyoming diversion?

Thanks

I can look it up tonight at home and let you know tomorrow.

However, there may well be several people who can answer it before then for you.

I will answer it for you tomorrow if they have not.

I took that trip myself last June. I have an old 1977 timetable that lists the distance from Denver to Ogden via the old San Francisco Zephyr as 590 miles. The distance from Salt Lake City to Ogden via the Pioneer (before it became a split of the California Zephyr) was 36 miles.

The actual route may have changed slightly, but I imagine the mileage would be close. When reading through an old route description, it claimed that we would go through three tunnels near Evanston, WY. Instead of going through them, they were on a parallel track. I'm not sure if the old track was abandoned or still in use for Eastbound trains.

Thanks for the information.

That's a slightly longer route then - boosts my total to 6319 miles in 12 days - but it means I have to go back some day and travel via Glenwood Springs.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back