Write up in our Local Paper.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A writing from our local evening paper did this write up a few days ago, he did a great job! He's one of these guys just write up random stuff of what's on his mind ect...

Train travel is making a comeback
Very nice article. Refreshing change from the whole "trains to nowhere waste our tax dollars" or "evil Amtrak train chases down innocent pedestrian" type spins way too many "reporters" put on Amtrak today.

It is a refreshing thing to see in the paper. Thing I like was about the Xray, and cranky TSA at the airport!

It is a refreshing thing to see in the paper. Thing I like was about the Xray, and cranky TSA at the airport!
TSA (well, the airport part of the agency) may be just about the best friend Amtrak has had in the past 9 years.

It is also good to see in the Rochester Post-Bulletin after the decade of "You'll run coal trains through here over our dead bodies, but we would like high-speed passenger trains if you can have them stop at the airport rather than downtown." attitude of the city leaders.

The author did make an error in the western destination of the Empire Builder, but he seemed quite pleased with coach travel. I wonder what he would think of the sleeping cars.

It is also good to see in the Rochester Post-Bulletin after the decade of "You'll run coal trains through here over our dead bodies, but we would like high-speed passenger trains if you can have them stop at the airport rather than downtown." attitude of the city leaders.

The author did make an error in the western destination of the Empire Builder, but he seemed quite pleased with coach travel. I wonder what he would think of the sleeping cars.
Yeah... I just rolled my eyes about the coal train. I grew up in Lake City, and there's TONS of train going though there, and no one makes an issue about it.

In last night's he was talking abit more about it.

Out West there's danger and adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back