Wow! Great deal for me!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterRick

Train Attendant
I purchased an Amtrak ticket between Kissimmee and Orlando on Train #98 for only $4.87 as part of their Weekly special, Going back (Southbound) I had to pay the regular fare which is $6.50. Long story short, LYNX the public transportation service here in Central Florida has one bus line that serves my area so the only way for me to get to Orlando within reason i.e. not transferring to different LYNX buses which would take about 2 to 3 hours total trip time is to hop a ride on the Amtrak from Kissimmee which takes about 30 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I hope your an Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) member and signed up for the double points promotion! ;) This way, you'll earn 200 AGR points EACH WAY also! :cool:

If you're not yet an AGR member, I will be glad to refer you! This way your signup bonus is 3 times as much! ;) If you need to sign up, just PM me your email address! :)

I purchased an Amtrak ticket between Kissimmee and Orlando on Train #98 for only $4.87 as part of their Weekly special, Going back (Southbound) I had to pay the regular fare which is $6.50. Long story short, LYNX the public transportation service here in Central Florida has one bus line that serves my area so the only way for me to get to Orlando within reason i.e. not transferring to different LYNX buses which would take about 2 to 3 hours total trip time is to hop a ride on the Amtrak from Kissimmee which takes about 30 minutes.
It's always nice when things work out like that. I've ridden LYNX perhaps a dozen times or so, mostly back when I was in the airline industry and would be sent down to Orlando for training. It did strike me as a rather slow way to get around.

I tend to use the Vermonter as form of public transit, myself. Frequently if I need to spend an evening in Montpelier (or Waterbury, for that matter), I take a commuter bus down and take the train back. Not quite as good a deal as what you're getting, but I also get to ride the bus for free (they're my employer) so the total cost is only about $4/way. And as the_traveler pointed out, the AGR points on those cheap tickets are a tremendous value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back