Wouldn't it be Great if Amtrak had Cars Like These

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
HERE is a page with links to a bunch of dome type cars that are being used by various tourist RR's in North America. Wouldn't it be great if Amtrak could have some like these.

I have riden Gold Leaf on the Rocky Mountaineer and being able to stand out on the open platform going through the mountains is beyond description.

Enjoy!

HERE is a page with links to a bunch of dome type cars that are being used by various tourist RR's in North America. Wouldn't it be great if Amtrak could have some like these.
I have riden Gold Leaf on the Rocky Mountaineer and being able to stand out on the open platform going through the mountains is beyond description.

Enjoy!

Maybe Colorado Railcar that built these and now owns and operates the AOE could buid some for Amtrak's next car order. Or maybe they should operate Amtrak's first class service.

Those are some pretty sweet railcars.
I know that they are completely different beasts, but to me the design of the Colorado railcars look like a rather poor copy of Adtranz's (?) DMUs.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=110837

Unfortunately we'll never see these economical and popular railcars operating on mainline over here, although you can always ride the Ottawa O-Train, where they are permitted to operate as 'light rail' vehicles.

*j*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back