Would Open Plan/Kupe/Couchette sleepers be profitable?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I took the Pau Casals in late March, that was not the case.
"Pau Casals" is an Elipsos Train Hotel Service train running Zurich and Barcelona using Talgo sleeper equipment.

Gran Class is an private cabin 2 bunk with shower and w/c.

1st Class (normal) is an private cabin 2 bunk with an washbasin no w/c.

2nd Class is an shared 4 bunk cabin (T4). Non-Coed unless you book all four spaces.

Sleeperette is reclining coach.

My 1st point was the picture shown was of an T6 set up as an T4 and that is why there was no room on the 3rd level.

My 2nd point is a few years ago, To get an Bedroom in Western Europe for just one person you had to buy all (2 or 3) bunks out yourself or your going to get share an room with an stranger. Now you can just click on the one person bedroom option, and have the room all to yourself. I did not say you can not get an shared cabin, just it so much easy to get an private cabin, both Bedroom or as an Private Couchette for your family today. I thought it was an much need change.

When I took the Pau Casals in late March, that was not the case.
"Pau Casals" is an Elipsos Train Hotel Service train running Zurich and Barcelona using Talgo sleeper equipment.

Gran Class is an private cabin 2 bunk with shower and w/c.

1st Class (normal) is an private cabin 2 bunk with an washbasin no w/c.

2nd Class is an shared 4 bunk cabin (T4). Non-Coed unless you book all four spaces.

Sleeperette is reclining coach.

My 1st point was the picture shown was of an T6 set up as an T4 and that is why there was no room on the 3rd level.

My 2nd point is a few years ago, To get an Bedroom in Western Europe for just one person you had to buy all (2 or 3) bunks out yourself or your going to get share an room with an stranger. Now you can just click on the one person bedroom option, and have the room all to yourself. I did not say you can not get an shared cabin, just it so much easy to get an private cabin, both Bedroom or as an Private Couchette for your family today. I thought it was an much need change.
According to my SCA, there is an couple of pairs of Talgo cars in the TrénHotel fleet that have six berths per room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back