World's largest model railroad

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way cool!

The website, Miniatur Wunderland, has English among the 16 language options, but I had fun practicing my limited German. The attraction seems reasonably priced, at 10 euros general (adult) admission (around $14 at the current exchange rate).

This is absolutely amazing! The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago has a must see HO model train layout with a Empire Builder/BNSF Chicago to Seattle motif. In addition to the myriad passenger and freight trains, the layout includes elevated trains and subways in the Chicago portion of the display, live action displays of a mining operation and other activities (I don't remember all of them).

You should see the model American Flyer layout at the Cincinnati, Ohio Terminal Train Station. The layout is fantastic - Cincinnati in the early years. The Terminal itself is another amazing bit of architecture. This Terminal is a must see.

The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago has a must see HO model train layout with a Empire Builder/BNSF Chicago to Seattle motif.
I've seen both and I have to say that the thing in Chicago doesn't even come close to what the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg is.

Back