Woo Hoo!!!!! I won!!!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take that, you Facebook naysayers :p :lol:

Just delivered via Fedex!

Needless to say.... I'm excited beyond belief, this is going to be fun.

Now.... time to start planning!

If anyone has any great ideas, I'm all ears.

I'll be travelling out of CHI

Sorry about the poor pic quality.

railpass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I used to be a Facebook naysayer until I found out about the sweepstakes. Was hoping I'd win, but then we can't all be winners.
You can still win, Pat.

They're giving away a total of 60 passes.

30 for the sweepstakes and 30 for people who traveled on the train in Sept and comment in the post described below.

At the top of Amtrak's page, near the middle, under their pics, click on 'Amtrak' - that way you'll just see their posts and not 'everyone else'.

Look for the post below on Monday at 3:00

Comment in the post and you have another chance at winning one of 30 passes.

Good luck to you and everyone else that entered
smile.gif

Guess what else! 30 lucky September travelers will also win 30-day passes. Where did YOU travel with us last month?

JoanieB, find a reason to take No. 5 W/B, at least as far as SLC. Wait for the snow to start flying; won't be long now. Enjoy your trip(s).

Ocala Mike

I'm so happy for you!
Thank you!

JoanieB, find a reason to take No. 5 W/B, at least as far as SLC. Wait for the snow to start flying; won't be long now. Enjoy your trip(s).

Ocala Mike
That's def on the list, OM. Thanks!

One of my plans is the CZ, CS, and the EB

As much as I enjoy coach, I'll have to spring for a sleeper on a couple of nights or I'll die :lol:

Take that, you Facebook naysayers :p :lol:

Just delivered via Fedex!

Needless to say.... I'm excited beyond belief, this is going to be fun.

Now.... time to start planning!

If anyone has any great ideas, I'm all ears.

I'll be travelling out of CHI

Sorry about the poor pic quality.

railpass.jpg
Congratulations!

A question- how did you come to know you were a winner? Did you get an email/phone call to notify you, or did the FedEx thing directly landed at your door to surprise you?!

I have registered for 30 million Facebook contest as well as traveled in September, so curious to know, I might be standing a chance, who knows
biggrin.gif

Congratulations!

A question- how did you come to know you were a winner? Did you get an email/phone call to notify you, or did the FedEx thing directly landed at your door to surprise you?!

I have registered for 30 million Facebook contest as well as traveled in September, so curious to know, I might be standing a chance, who knows
biggrin.gif
Thanks TE! :)

I meant to add that info to my post....

I received an email from contest services at dja.com which is the company that is running the promotion.

I suppose you need to check your spam because if you don't reply, you forfeit your prize.

I got the email late afternoon on the 18th and replied immediately but didn't hear anything so I was going crazy all day yesterday checking my email constantly :wacko:

Then this morning... ding dong.... Fedex!

Here's what the email said:

Dear Joanie,

We have exciting news for you! You entered the Amtrak “Thanks a 30 Mil” Sweepstakes and your entry has been selected as a potential Daily Prize winner. We are the judging organization for the above-referenced sweepstakes and are pleased to announce that the prize you are being considered for is:

An Amtrak 30-day Rail Pass. Approximate Retail Value is $579.

Please note that all Federal, State and other taxes and charges on the value of the prize are the winner’s (or parent/legal guardian’s) sole responsibility.

We are the organization that is verifying addresses of the winners of this promotion.

Before delivery of your prize can be arranged, you must complete and return the section below. Your reply must be received by Don Jagoda Associates by October 21, 2011, or your prize will be forfeited. Your prize will be delivered as promptly as possible within sixty (60) days upon receipt of your reply.

Please reply to this email with the following information:

Full Name:

Address:

City, State:

Postal Code:

Phone Number:

Date of Birth:

On behalf of our client, Amtrak, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in our promotion.

Congrats!

and i thought the Phillies tix i got from Amtrak was cool!!!

While hijacking Joanie's topic; did you just get regular tickets? Or did you get the luxury box seats with indoor suite like I got for the Mets from AGR? We even had free food & drinks, including alcohol.

1087.jpg

1094.jpg

While hijacking Joanie's topic; did you just get regular tickets? Or did you get the luxury box seats with indoor suite like I got for the Mets from AGR? We even had free food & drinks, including alcohol.

1087.jpg

1094.jpg
I want baseball tickets, especially the kind Alan won! Was it a special promotion or how did you win them?

Congratulations JoanieB! :cool:

Although that's not enough to change my mind about FaceSpace. :angry2:

Alan: How/why did AGR give you those seats? :huh:

Was it another random drawing contest or were you their most prolific rider or something? :eek:

The company I work for has box seats for NBA games, but apparently there won't be any of those this year. Oh well. -_-

I want baseball tickets, especially the kind Alan won! Was it a special promotion or how did you win them?
While it was very nice, in some sense I'm now spoiled. It was my first visit to the new Citi Field, so it was really neat. I'd been to the old Shea stadium many times, in fact some of my earliest memories are of me & my dad boarding a chartered bus in my home town for a ride to the big city to watch the Mets play at Shea. Sadly dad is no longer with us, so I couldn't take him. :(

However, to answer your question, AGR has been holding contests for the last few years now that are only offered to those who are Select Plus and live in the NYC area. One clicks on a link provided in an email to register and then AGR picks 6 people from all the names of those registered to win 2 tickets to a specific game. Usually they have 4 or 5 dates each time they do this, so they give away like 60 tickets. You can't pick your date, you have to be sure that you're available for all dates in the list.

I've registered a few times in the past, but never won. This time I registered in mid-August and by late August a Fedex arrived with two tickets to the first game of the next to last home stand that the Mets had. Coincidentally, of the 9 games the Mets played at home during that stand, the game I went to was the only one that they won.

Now Amtrak has a special relationship with the Mets and the new Citi Field, hence the box. Citi Field has the Acela Club, one of several clubs at the stadium, which Amtrak has a role in. But I didn't know if the other promos to other cities just included tickets only to the game or if they also had boxed seats, hence my question to sttsxm.

Congrats! :cool: And I'll admit that I'm a wee bit jealous

What's the time frame?

Suggestions: SPI - come visit all the Lincoln things near the station (before it gets really cold) That could be a long day trip from CHI. Also STL, but I don't know what is near the station. NOL - quick trip to warmer weather.

All kinds of short trips from CHI are possible.

I'd probably see how much vacation time I could get off of work and just go on a grand tour of the US with a 30 day pass lol (of course I'm unemployed right now but sadly that means not very much money for food and whatnot)

Alan.... what a great prize!

I've been in a box like that only once - at the old Three Rivers Stadium for a Pirates game.

I agree, it spoils ya'.

Oh... hijacks are always welcome on any of my threads - I love to banter and it's a great way to get to know each other. :)

Texas Sunset... Thanks for the congrats.

Facebook is fun and it's what you make it.

I block all game apps and visit my account and privacy settings weekly.

Don't see anything I don't want to see, have actually met some people on pages with like interests and beliefs, and it's a great way to keep in touch with just about anyone.

Btw, you can even specify who sees what you post.

Congrats! :cool: And I'll admit that I'm a wee bit jealous

What's the time frame?

Suggestions: SPI - come visit all the Lincoln things near the station (before it gets really cold) That could be a long day trip from CHI. Also STL, but I don't know what is near the station. NOL - quick trip to warmer weather.

All kinds of short trips from CHI are possible.
Thanks, Becky! :)

Good luck to you if you entered.

The pass is valid from now until 4/15 so I'm thinking I'll be traveling in March before the spring thaws and floods.

I really want to do some serious LD trips.

I'll have to hotel and roomette it once in a while but so far I'm planning on....

EB to SEA - CS to EMY - CZ to CHI or maybe I need to go to LAX and make my way to EMY for the CZ?

CL to WAS - Crescent to NOL - CONO to CHI

Probably a RT on the LSL to NYP for a couple of days of eating and shopping

Def a RT on the TE to visit family

and I still have 2 segments left!

I'm going to buy or use AGR for my trips from HOM to CHI.

I'm looking forward to one of the most interesting and exciting months of my life :wub:

Facebook is fun and it's what you make it.

I block all game apps and visit my account and privacy settings weekly.

Don't see anything I don't want to see, have actually met some people on pages with like interests and beliefs, and it's a great way to keep in touch with just about anyone.

Btw, you can even specify who sees what you post.
I agree. I'm old (over 70) but have found friends from as far back as high school and college. Yesterday I became friends with a lady who is my 7th cousin. I will probably never meet her face to face, but we can share family stories and pictures. I also find being able to block what comes at me and who sees what of mine is going out is handled very well by FB. Just don't look to the right of the screen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back