Wolverine #350 - not available?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwchi

Lead Service Attendant
The service disruption notification does not address why it's available some days and it's not offered on others. It's a Michigan train from Chicago - anyone know why it's not available all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know - they've been doing rail work all summer and the schedules have been/are changed through mid September. THIS particular train was never mentioned and is not listed on the Michigan Service Disruptions. Just seemed to come out of nowhere rather than been planned for like the others. There are 3 others outbound from Chicago daily. This was the 4th and the only one before 4 pm.

I know - they've been doing rail work all summer and the schedules have been/are changed through mid September. THIS particular train was never mentioned and is not listed on the Michigan Service Disruptions. Just seemed to come out of nowhere rather than been planned for like the others. There are 3 others outbound from Chicago daily. This was the 4th and the only one before 4 pm.
I'm not sure where you're traveling to and from but I assume you're somewhere between BTL-PON. While you are correct in saying the advisory doesn't specifically mention train 350, the timetable printed 4/25 clearly shows that train 350 only operates the full CHI=PON route on Sundays.

This corresponds with the advisory which states that "There will be two Wolverine round-trips Monday-through-Saturday between Battle Creek and Pontiac during this period." ( Trains 358&354)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually looking at CHI-NBU, which seemed to me to run daily, but who knows, I could be wrong. Always seemed to be an option for that train along with 364 Blue Water, 358 and the 6 pm Wolverine. Not really important except that I was considering taking that train one day and it wasn't available. Thanks1

Check Amtrak's media relations/press release webpage - the Facebook group didn't link to it but that's where the notice can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back