Why would this occur?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon02852

Train Attendant
Refer to the video embedded below, then read the rest of this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRaI5Cb0P8

A few minutes before this, Acela 2173 used the high-speed switch to transfer from track 1 to track 2. Then, Acela 2164 (this train) uses a high-speed switch to transfer from track 2 to track 1 and then back to track 2 after passing Kingston. Can anybody find a reason for this? All I can think of is that Amtrak was doing track work somewhere south of Kingston.

That's all I can think of also - track work.

BTW - Have you ever noticed that in OSB, the trains use and stop on the opposite tracks as normal?
huh.gif
I don't know if it is the same track numbering system, but southbound trains use track 2, not track 1. Northbound trains use track 1, not track 2! I almost got caught by this, but a southbound came thru on the inside track, and I had time to cross the bridge and get to the opposite side.

More FYI - The bridge overpass for people to cross the tracks at KIN is modeled after the bridge overpass at OSB!

That's all I can think of also - track work.

BTW - Have you ever noticed that in OSB, the trains use and stop on the opposite tracks as normal?
huh.gif
I don't know if it is the same track numbering system, but southbound trains use track 2, not track 1. Northbound trains use track 1, not track 2! I almost got caught by this, but a southbound came thru on the inside track, and I had time to cross the bridge and get to the opposite side.

More FYI - The bridge overpass for people to cross the tracks at KIN is modeled after the bridge overpass at OSB!
TBH, I have never been to OSB...so I don't know how the traffic patterns are there. I have seen some videos of OSB and I noticed how similar in design the overpasses are! It is nice to know that the design similarities aren't just coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back