Who Likes Glenn Beck?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he failed to mention that the "other four" lines that do make money, according to his standards, are the ones that DO NOT have freight trains or very few of them. <_<

Funny is it that the trains that do not have to deal with freight do quite well, I would love to hear him argue why that cant be replicated in other areas of the country? :giggle: Is it that America was simply greater in the past? And now things are too hard? Is China some how better at these things than us? :eek:hboy:

I would love to hear him explain how a fast LA-SF train cannot do the same thing as the one that currently exists between NYP-and DC!

But that would require a rational argument that dose not involve the "words" Cho-Cho :help:

(btw what the heck is a "cargo train" :unsure: )

Also I used to like him, I remember listening to him in High School when he was still just on the radio. He was entertaining, on an off day he still might be.

But he as really taken a turn for the bitter and scary. He has also started to hang around with/ quote / use / -Nationalist, xenophobic, and Anti-Semitic messages.

I used to not be scared of the far-right in America, but if things keep heading the way they are... well let's say I am not sticking around to find out if I will be come Glenn's lamp shade :help: :help: :help:

WOW! As the previous poster said, it's another carny huckster making millions with mumbo jumbo about scarey things in the night! Ive heard alot of BS in my life but this guy makes Rush Limbaugh sound like Thomas Jefferson and Rush is the richest of all the entertainers that ditto heads think is telling them truth! You could include televangelists, late night Tv pitchmen and Nigerian Princes in this club and they all basically do the same thing, sling BS for $$$$$!!! :rolleyes: :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yes, but he also repeats the themes like how investment in passenger rail is a reduction in choice, and that it means that leftists actually want to take away cars & roads. I mean, while he points out some "interesting" things regarding the Cloward-Piven strategy, he ( and many others who are now making their appearance on the political right, including talk radio) is way off base regarding transit and improved passenger train service. Way, way, way off base.

In his early years he was somewhat funny in a comedic sort of way, but now he has lost touch with reality and seems to be interested in scaring his audience into believing the world is about to come to an end. His sponsors (gold - food storage for Armageddon- etc, all play into this theme. ) It is in their best interest to make people want to buy gold, store food and water, etc. I believe the BLACK HELICOPTERS are about to carry him away :giggle:

But unfortunately he has a large audience of those who cannot think for themselves--via Rush, Shawn, Bill O and many other Conservative talk show hosts.

Hopefully we will move away from this time of fear. :help:

Anyone else enjoy the irony in the fact his picture of a "cargo train" obviously wasn't taken in the United States (or North America, for that matter)? :lol:

Hes an embarrassment to the true Conservatives.

Along with Palin.

Time to shut up Glenn.

Check this one out, if you haven't seen it:

]&rc=bnf"]Glenn Beck Attacks Progressive Voter

You should type in your name or that of a friend (you don't have to have a Facebook account), then click "Watch your video" . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, the antirail people in Wisconsin used the phrase "choo-choo train" or "choo choo" as sort of a Republican insider's code to try to denigrate or scorn supporters of high-speed rail between Madison and Chicago, to get Republican Scott Walker elected.

Sounds like baby-talk to me. . .

It seems to me that if Mr. Beck needs to use terms like "choo-choo" with the voice intonation he used in this clip, he doesn't have much of an case against rail. Did he discuss subsudies to other forms of transportation in the next or previous segments? I'm guessing not. He once was a conservative voice who has transformed into a characature of his former self.

You think if we pooled some of our AGR points into a pot and used it to buy Glenn a Bedroom to/from anywhere in the system would he take it?

I am willing to put 1,500 into the pot. Maybe it will change his mind :huh:

Though I doubt he would be willing to try :wacko:

His Chicken Little act is definitely wearing thin. He depresses me. His rhetoric only keeps people hunkerd down in their foxholes expecting the worst rather than looking out and charging ahead.

I hate to admit it now, but I liked Glenn Beck. Up until about 2 years ago, he presented an entertaining, funny show about current events (I would never call it a news show) that had a conservative slant. I think the downfall started when his TV program moved from CNN to Fox News. Once that move happened, I think the FNC brass allowed Beck to have free reign over the show, something very few media personalities have. Once that happened, he became even more apocalyptic and conspiratorial, and he finally lost it.

Whenever I see clips of his show now, I go through three stages of Beck:

1. Oh, this is a mockery of the system. It's pretty funny.
  2. My god, he's serious!
  3. My god, people actually agree with him!

This coming from a dyed-in-the-wool conservative that has actually been filmed on Fox News.

Ya wanna see some more of this carnival barker? Just go to youtube and search for Glen Beck Crying Vicks Vapor. It shows how he puts Vicks Vapor Rub under his eyes so he can cry on cue. I about vomited! I suppose the Becks of the 1950's were bitching about building the Interstate Highway System since we already had highways built.

I hate to admit it now, but I liked Glenn Beck. Up until about 2 years ago, he presented an entertaining, funny show about current events (I would never call it a news show) that had a conservative slant. I think the downfall started when his TV program moved from CNN to Fox News. Once that move happened, I think the FNC brass allowed Beck to have free reign over the show, something very few media personalities have. Once that happened, he became even more apocalyptic and conspiratorial, and he finally lost it.

Whenever I see clips of his show now, I go through three stages of Beck:

1. Oh, this is a mockery of the system. It's pretty funny.
  2. My god, he's serious!
  3. My god, people actually agree with him!

This coming from a dyed-in-the-wool conservative that has actually been filmed on Fox News.
Here goes, now you will all hate me, but Glenn saved me thousands of dollars a couple of years ago when he told us to get out of the market because it was going to crash. I did, and it did. Today he did a show about how many cops have been shot in the last month, and how many have died, I guess that shows what a stupid American he is. Does he get it about train travel? I think not, but he is not alone, but as the price of gas goes up, I think that many people will start to realize how important it is. Then there will be so many on the train that we won't get seats either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back