Which parts of the Michigan Wolverine service go 110mph?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to go on a fun little trip and experience what it’s like to go at speeds over 100mph by train, but was unsure on which stops went that fast. If you have info on this please tell me.

I wanted to go on a fun little trip and experience what it’s like to go at speeds over 100mph by train, but was unsure on which stops went that fast. If you have info on this please tell me.

If you are wanting to do an overnight, there is a comfort inn right next door (literally) to the Dearborn Mi station which is quite nice and staffed. The Dearborn station is on the other side of the tracks from the wonderful Henry Ford museum and greenfield village. The comfort inn offers a free shuttle to the Henry Ford.

I would personally recommend the upgrade to business class on this train.

I believe the State of Michigan was going to upgrade their trackage between Battle Creek and Dearborn to 110 as well. That would leave the CN connector in Battle Creek as the only variable from where it joins Amtrak to the eastern split used by the Blue Water (formerly International) to Port Huron.

If you are wanting to do an overnight, there is a comfort inn right next door (literally) to the Dearborn Mi station which is quite nice and staffed. The Dearborn station is on the other side of the tracks from the wonderful Henry Ford museum and greenfield village. The comfort inn offers a free shuttle to the Henry Ford.

I would personally recommend the upgrade to business class on this train.

but does it go 110mph there

I believe the State of Michigan was going to upgrade their trackage between Battle Creek and Dearborn to 110 as well. That would leave the CN connector in Battle Creek as the only variable from where it joins Amtrak to the eastern split used by the Blue Water (formerly International) to Port Huron.

thanks! I’ll check on that

Yes it goes 110 around Dearborn, I’m assuming you are boarding in Chicago? There are multiple 110 sections between Chicago and Dearborn.

I don't think there is 110 mph running near Dearborn at this time. The 110 section is on the Amtrak-owned line between Porter, IN. and Kalamazoo. Michigan has a goal of 110 on the line between Kalamazoo and Dearborn, but they are still working on that goal.

110 seems to happen west of Kzoo on our Wolverine trips, until maybe Michigan City IN. Some of the nicest scenery is in western MI too, so highly recommend doing this trip during daylight.

Back