Where to stay in Portland Oregon

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am traveling to Portland in May as part of a northwest swing on my way back from Texas to Massachusetts. I am looking for a sort of upscale place to enjoy a relaxing night. Hopefully one with a soaking tub or jetted tub. Any ideas?

The first one that came to mind was McMenamins - http://www.mcmenamins.com/1620-crystal-hotel-room-rates

There are many others that would work as well.

I would encourage you to rent a car and go east on I-84 to see Multnomah Falls. The waterfall has a parking area in the median (left exit). The other option would be to stay in Hood River for a closer look at Mt. Hood.

Last year, we stayed at the Embassey Suites in Portland. It is a grand hotel built in 1912, and has been beautifully refurbished. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. There is a nice "manager's reception" in the evening (free snacks and drinks), and a free cooked-to-order breakfast. Voo-doo donuts is across the street. It is only a short taxi ride from Amtrak Station. We loved it!

EB and CS crew stay at crown plaza, its about 1/2 mile to the station and they have a free shuttle. Nice Place.

Hotel Monaco. Very luxurious. Excellent service. Very pricey but who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back