Where in Penn Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Foster

So I know how to get to Penn Station but once there how do I get to the level and track where the train to Montreal departs?

You have to get to the Amtrak concourse, where you'll see a big board with Amtrak and NJT departures. Wait there for the track to be announced (it's usually 6-East IINM). They check to make sure you have your passport in NY in addition to the checks at the Canadian border (if you're going that far).

You have to get to the Amtrak concourse, where you'll see a big board with Amtrak and NJT departures. Wait there for the track to be announced (it's usually 6-East IINM). They check to make sure you have your passport in NY in addition to the checks at the Canadian border (if you're going that far).
Assuming you have the proper documentation, can you still use the lower level to board the Adirondack/Maple Leaf and avoid the lines?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you have the proper documentation, can you still use the lower level to board the Adirondack/Maple Leaf and avoid the lines?
You can after you have checked in at Canadian check in desk...

I did this several years ago. I got to the station and saw the huge lIne. I got the track number and went down to the train, by passing the line. There are too many ways to get to the train for you to be stopped.

You should still go to the checkin kiosk first, even if you then decide to try and skip the general boarding line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back