Where do the Amtrak keystone trains do 110mph?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lackawanna565

Train Attendant
I'm going down to Lancaster county in two weeks and I want to get some video and photos of train doing that speed on the line. Where do they hit that speed?

6 posts in 2 1/2 years! Dont talk alot? LOL

Nice to meet ya! :)

RF

BTW, I dont know the answer to your question! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going down to Lancaster county in two weeks and I want to get some video and photos of train doing that speed on the line. Where do they hit that speed?
I believe it's between Narberth and Paoli (about 13 miles) and again between Parkesburg and Lancaster (about 24 miles).

Last time I rode a Keystone we were in the Cab Car and the conductor allowed my granddaughter and me to sit in the engineer's seat. This was as fast as we went.

speed.jpg

The Keystoner's run 80 between Overbrook and Paoli.
I thought the Keystones that run straight from PHL-PAO (no ARD stop) could run faster once they're around the Overbrook-Merion-Narberth bend and hit the "straight-away" run paralleling Lancaster Avenue all the way to Paoli (which is also the stretch where they made a huge effort to switch to concrete ties and new rail several years ago, for speed upgrades). Not so? I would not have guessed they were doing "only 80" when I've seen them whip through Bryn Mawr!

The Keystoner's run 80 between Overbrook and Paoli. They run 110 and in the area of Parkesburg and a little past Lancaster.
Except for that railroadcrossing in that area where it is restricted to 90mph for the RxR crossing.
There are no at-grade crossings east of Lancaster. The only three remaining crossings are between Lancaster and Mount Joy (which is blocked off), in Mount Joy, and near downtown Elizabethtown.

The Keystoner's run 80 between Overbrook and Paoli. They run 110 and in the area of Parkesburg and a little past Lancaster.
Except for that railroadcrossing in that area where it is restricted to 90mph for the RxR crossing.
There are no at-grade crossings east of Lancaster. The only three remaining crossings are between Lancaster and Mount Joy (which is blocked off), in Mount Joy, and near downtown Elizabethtown.
There is a grade crossing at Irishtown Rd, roughly 9 miles east of Lancaster. It is slated to be removed, along with all of the remaining Keystone grade crossings, thanks to a stimulus grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back