Where did all the shopping partners go?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted AGR about this and they didn't really answer my question. When I click on "ways to earn" and then "Real & Specialty Partners" only about 7-8 companies appear to shop at to earn points. There used to be hundreds of them and what was a different looking page(s). Example: one of them was Home Depot for instance. When I google "amtrak guest rewards home depot", I can fine that page, but can't navigate to it on the AGR site. Any ideas? Thank you.

I contacted AGR about this and they didn't really answer my question. When I click on "ways to earn" and then "Real & Specialty Partners" only about 7-8 companies appear to shop at to earn points. There used to be hundreds of them and what was a different looking page(s). Example: one of them was Home Depot for instance. When I google "amtrak guest rewards home depot", I can fine that page, but can't navigate to it on the AGR site. Any ideas? Thank you.
Good point! It used to be called "Points for Shopping" under ways to earn. I can't find it ether. Retail and Specialty Partners has always been there along with Points for shopping.
I can't even find my shopping history and a couple of pending transactions.
Hope this is temporary.

Thank you Alanh, yes but like TinCan782 says there is not link to that on their page. Also AGR's reply was this making me think they either didn't understand my question or are insinuating these are the only partners like I had originally mentioned. I think I will write them back. If all these other partners are there at the "shop" link, why would they not want them to be able to be found to make more money by having the link correct or a way to get to that list.

"Thank you for contacting the Amtrak Guest Rewards Service Center.

Some of our partners include Audience Rewards, Vinesse Wines, and Teleflora. To view our array of partners, please visit https://www.amtrak.com/guestrewards/ways-to-earn.html (be sure to log in to your account). All categories include offers from our partners.

We hope this information is of assistance."

Thank you Alanh, yes but like TinCan782 says there is not link to that on their page. Also AGR's reply was this making me think they either didn't understand my question or are insinuating these are the only partners like I had originally mentioned. I think I will write them back. If all these other partners are there at the "shop" link, why would they not want them to be able to be found to make more money by having the link correct or a way to get to that list.

"Thank you for contacting the Amtrak Guest Rewards Service Center.

Some of our partners include Audience Rewards, Vinesse Wines, and Teleflora. To view our array of partners, please visit https://www.amtrak.com/guestrewards/ways-to-earn.html (be sure to log in to your account). All categories include offers from our partners.

We hope this information is of assistance."
ROBO Reply!

That too from a cheap generative system.
Did anybody ever find a meaningful use for Julie? I tried to find something it could do faster than doing it myself and never found anything. That being said the forced interaction turned me away several times, which I suspect was not a coincidence. On the plus side these days even programmatically restricted services such as Siri are getting fast and useful enough to do most of what I need from a voice-activated PDA. I just wish we could have had the full voice-enhanced version of Google Assistant to finally bridge the gap between PDA's and actual human assistants. Presumably that's still on the way in some form.

Last edited:
We got the link earlier in this thread but here is some additional info (FWIW).
From a post in "Amtrak Fans" this morning on Facebook:
"so if you use Amtrak guest rewards and their points for shopping to earn points, be aware that the link has been removed from the AGR website and is being terminate April 30. with a possible new program by then The AGR rep on the phone gave me the direct link to use until then (see below) she said they will be sending out notice about it soon.
https://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com/ "

Why they cant leave the link in place until they roll out the "new" shopping portal is beyond me.

Hopefully Cartera is taking over the shopping portal. Or a vendor of similar quality. For those not in the know, Cartera runs a lot of the shopping portals for various airlines.

I would also like to see Amtrak partner up with Rewards Network and offer a dining program. Earn extra points when dining out at participating restaurants.

Back