When is the California Zephyr service resuming ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, 29 August, 3:30 pm, MDT

So does anyone know when the CZ is really leaving Chicago, or Emeryville. ?

# 5 or # 6 did not depart either city today, from what I see.

The 'status report' from the website says the departure time for tomorrow, for # 5, Tuesday, is 2 pm, out of CHI.

When I try to buy a ticket for Tuesday, from CHI to DEN, it offers to sell me a ticket leaving on Weds. 31 Aug., not Tuesday.

The 'status report' from the website, says the departure time for tomorrow, for #6, Tuesday, is 9:10 am, out of EMY.

When I try to buy a ticket for Tuesday, from EMY to DEN, it offers to sell me a ticket via Bakersfield, Los Angeles.

Another post, along the same lines of my question stated:

'Oddly enough Amtrak seems to post such information quite promptly on Facebook and Twitter these days. I wish they'd take the trouble to capture their own Facebook and Twitter posts and post them on their own website simultaneously too.'

I am not a Facebook or Twitter person...

Why is this schedule information not on the Amtrak website ?

I have not called Amtrak, out of sympathy for the hurricane problems they are dealing with back east.

When an airline cancels a flight, the information is clearly there on the website... for all to see.

Peter Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back