What's up with CS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I see where the CS has been almost 2 hours late leaving LA the past few days, even tho 11 arrived on time the night bf4. Anyone know what could be happening? Are there maintenance issues with LA Amtrak?

I can speak about Monday (Presidents' Day). Northbound Surfliner 565 (guaranteed connection to the northbound CS) dumped its coolant early in its run from San Diego. It waited until Surfliner 567 came along, at which point 567 put 565 in its tractor beam and the two of them made their way slowly to LA, arriving early afternoon. The CS was held for transfer passengers from 565.

I can speak about Monday (Presidents' Day). Northbound Surfliner 565 (guaranteed connection to the northbound CS) dumped its coolant early in its run from San Diego. It waited until Surfliner 567 came along, at which point 567 put 565 in its tractor beam and the two of them made their way slowly to LA, arriving early afternoon. The CS was held for transfer passengers from 565.
Interesting since 565 is not a guaranteed connection to the CS. Train 763 is the guaranteed connection.

It was 763 that had the mechanical problems Monday (2.15) and was rescued by 565. Dunno about Sunday, though.

Edit to add: 763 being delayed caused a daisy-chain of delays and other operational issues. I believe the crew of 784 (which is the crew turn north of Los Angeles for 763) DOL and had to be relieved.

Travel light!

~BJG

Interesting since 565 is not a guaranteed connection to the CS. Train 763 is the guaranteed connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back