What's the longest anyone has had to wait for points to post?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stlouielady

Lead Service Attendant
This situation has become so laughable, that at this point I felt I had to share it with everyone.

I took a trip, outbound on March 13, back inbound on March 20. It involved a train (Texas Eagle, STL to SAS), and a bus (SAS to McAllen), and, of course, the same deal coming back. Within a week of the trip ending, my RETURN train trip points posted; I am still waiting for the other three segments. I waited approximately a month, and sent them a missing credit request. Two weeks later (mid May), I sent another request, because customer service hours didn't match up to my available hours. Still nothing, so, early June, I called, and gave the agent all the details about all four legs of the trip. I just called again today, and, since it hasn't yet been a month, they can't give me any details about what the status is on the point request (my original call was June 12th, so, I have to wait until at least July 12th to call them back)! I'm about to give up on them...I should have sent them a copy of the stubs, but, I do not actually have one of them (the bus company kept it and exchanged it for an earlier bus ticket, and, at midnight, after 28 hours on the train, I wasn't thinking clearly enough to keep that original stub).

I was just curious what the longest time that anyone has had to wait to see points from a trip posted. Do I have a record length of time yet?

In January I did the referral bonus thing with my dad. He traveled in March, but it was a handwritten ticket. It was April when he got the points from mailing in a copy of the receipt. I had to call a couple of times for him to get his enrollment bonus. I have contacted them about a half dozen times trying to get my referral bonus so far. The last time they said it was already in their system and to wait a week so either somebody actually did something or the agent was lazy and didn't want to deal with it. That was a couple of weeks ago. As of today there is still no points.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get points from Thruway buses back in March. I call them about every week and they always tell me they will be posted be the end of the day. Well finally one ticket was posted, but still waiting on the other two. I guess I might try mailing them copies of the ticket stubs now.

I FINALLY got the points--YIPPEE!! It only took 4 months. I guess I don't care how long it took, as long as I finally got them.

Back