What's new on the Cardinal, SWC and Metro lounge Chicago???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Van

Service Attendant
My last trip cross country was Jan 2015 and I know the Metro lounge has changed. Where is it now?? I found a few PR photos and it looks nice....first hand review???

How about Wi-Fi on SWC or Cardinal???

Any new equipment on either train?? Aren't new Bi-levels coming for the SWC??

THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!

Raton last trip west......8 hour delay!

ARATON.jpg

The Metro Lounge is off the Great Hall now. If you walk to the Great Hall from the platforms, the entrance to the lounge will be on your left (across from where Metro Deli used to be).

The SWC sleepers have wi-fi, but I have heard it's provided by a cell phone hotspot and is used by many people. So keep that in mind when you're in low coverage areas and/or it's prime time for people to be bogging down the network. Personally, I find it easier to just use my own cell connection.

Here's a picture of the entrance, taken during one of my recent trips:

IMG_6375.jpg

There are no new cars on order or planned for western trains. The bi-levels you may be thinking about are for corridor service in the Midwest and California. They are not Superliners and not intended for long distance service.

My last trip cross country was Jan 2015 and I know the Metro lounge has changed. Where is it now?? I found a few PR photos and it looks nice....first hand review???

How about Wi-Fi on SWC or Cardinal???

Any new equipment on either train?? Aren't new Bi-levels coming for the SWC??

THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!

Raton last trip west......8 hour delay!

attachicon.gif
ARATON.jpg
There is wifi on the Cardinal through AmtrakConnect.

Not a peep about it from anyone on the Crescent last month. Not that I cared. I enjoy watching the world go by or reading after dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back