whats in a name?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
so i was taking paid trips, and using my AGR number when booking. the trips never showed on my AGR account.. so i start calling... look story short, despite using my AGR number when booking, my AGR account is under Ted, but my credit card is under Edward. (Ted being my nick /preferred name). they got it straightened out and all but one would think the first name wouldnt have made a diff as long as i used my AGR number when booking.

No, it makes a huge difference. They don't want people earning points for sending their kids and relatives on rides for them.

No, it makes a huge difference. They don't want people earning points for sending their kids and relatives on rides for them.
hmm.. but amtrak doesn't have a generation marker in their user profile thing.. I'm suprised they haven't covered that case

my dad and i share the same full name.. except Jr

hmm.. but amtrak doesn't have a generation marker in their user profile thing.. I'm suprised they haven't covered that case

Actually I recall reading somewhere, probably on Flyertalk but perhaps it was here, of someone who did have problems getting points posted because Jr. got left off a ticket.

Actually I recall reading somewhere, probably on Flyertalk but perhaps it was here, of someone who did have problems getting points posted because Jr. got left off a ticket.
amtrak's own user profile tool is missing the option to even select Jr. and my ID + credit card has it.. I had no problems getting points posted tho

Amtrak keeps spelling my friend's name incorrectly, despite having his ID in hand. Almost each of his rail pass tickets has a different spelling of the name, and they're all wrong. Hopefully that won't create any problems.

Amtrak keeps spelling my friend's name incorrectly, despite having his ID in hand. Almost each of his rail pass tickets has a different spelling of the name, and they're all wrong. Hopefully that won't create any problems.
Prolly will. I had to contact AGR a couple times before I found someone who realized what the problem was.

Back