What is going on with the CZ as of late?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alang

Train Attendant
Boarding the CZ #5 in a couple of days. It has been unusually late recently. Anyone have an explanation?

There have been some bizarre, freakish problems (derailments, flooding, grain elevator falling on the tracks) across Nebraska and Iowa. I think it's just a bunch of different little things; it may get back to normal.

I think 6 arrived in CHI more or less on time today. Whereas yesterday's (6/21) arrival of 6 in CHI was 13+ hours late (which meant it arrived today 6/22). I have been watching it because I will be taking it in a few weeks, hoping to connect to 30 in CHI.

There have been some bizarre, freakish problems (derailments, flooding, grain elevator falling on the tracks) across Nebraska and Iowa. I think it's just a bunch of different little things; it may get back to normal.
I've been hoping it was unusual. I was watching it to see if it was reasonable to expect to make the CC connection to SJC from EMY when I take the CZ this fall. The earlier one (543) looks real iffy, unfortunately the later one {547) doesn't look that much better - I'm hoping not to stay overnight in EMY.

Boarding the CZ #5 in a couple of days. It has been unusually late recently. Anyone have an explanation?
I'm boarding the SWC in KCY, and then picking up the CZ in Galesburg on Thursday. Might be on the same train, hopefully, everything is worked out by then.

There have also been several nights of tornados across Nebraska in recent weeks, and I'm betting that Amtrak is playing it safe and stops the CZ in stations until all signs are clear that a tornado won't be crossing the right of way when the CZ is in the vicinity -- especially worrisome at night.

Weather has been a problem particularly in Nebraska. CZ seems to be getting a late departure out of Chicago. Perhaps late connections with west bounds from the East? 6/23/2014 looks better in spite of late departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back