what happened to p092

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering about 92 myself when I didn't hear it on the scanner and no mention of it by dispatch. 98 was late, it left MIA when 92 was supposed to, or about 2 hours late. which is not a good sign. It may well be that they sent 98 out at 92's slot with the idea of picking up as many of 92's pax as possible, but I don't have a clue what they'd do beyond SAV where the routes diverge, since 98 follows 90's route, I think, rather than 92's. Unless there is enough spare equipment at SAV to start a 92 consist from there?? Or perhaps they sent 98 out with a couple of extra cars to help them do that? That would work. I don't guess they have any spare single-level equipment at SFA that they could add there.

Followup: That may indeed have been the plan, because I was able to confirm that the bustitute from TPA to WTH DID run, it was shown as 1 minute late at Lakeland. So it would have met 98 at WTH.

I noticed that P001 had two engines today, which is unusual, as it went South past the A783 MP, deadheading from SFA to ORL to load up.

And as I type this channel 6 Orlando had the Amtrak derailment story in Grand Saline TX, I think it was, kinda grainy nighttime video, the important part was no injuries....

Don't know why 92 was annulled, but my guess would be that there were problems building a consist.

With the trackwork in Northern Fla., #92 has to leave within a timeframe.

Probably couldn't make it and was annulled! ;)

Since the TPA-WTH bustitute did run, and 98 presumably picked up those pax as it was running at 92's time slot, what would have happened to those pax? Do we know what the consist was for 98 and whether SAV has enough equipment cache for a minimal consist to generate a northbound 92 there if the 92 pax were in fact carried up on 98?

As a followup, today's 97 (P097-17) through Orlando had 3 more cars than usual (well, 3 more units - I only know how long it was, not the consist), and I believe it stopped at Sanford on the way South and did some switching there. I don't know whether it was adding or subtracting though, because I dunno how long it was before Sanford. I can't hear the Orange City DD radio signal from here - need a taller mast here at the house. So they may be sending some extra cars to MIA. Since the SC derailment chopped two coaches off of 91 once last week, it makes sense that they'd need 'em down there, and that may well be part of 92's annulment yesterday. Both 92 and 98 departed MIA on time today..

There was a derailment in the am, while switching out B/O cars. During the derailment, a worker was seriously injured.

See new thread

MJ B)

Back