What are you doing on National Train Day? May 9th

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering...since it's National Train Day, will they have anything special on the trains for passengers to commemorate the day? Special napkins, souveniers?

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything special at the depots? There was a big banner in Washington last week, but I didn't see anything in Chicago.
In reading these posts, it looks like there will be four AU member in Chicago on the 9th. Sounds like enough people for a small party!
While they may not have any overt mention of it at CHI yet, there will be special things at many many depots, including CHI (major enough for its own page).

To show how they're easing into it, for example, at LAX, another major-station event, so far they've staged one of the advertised private cars, and hung a huge banner at the East Portal atrium, and have a billboard in The Tunnel, but that's about it so far.

Enjoy!

Chris

Panic shopping for a Mother's Day gift. :eek:
I already found one. $65 worth of flowers from 1-800-Flowers. 25 points per dollar. 1625 points and my moms favourite item- flowers. PERFECTION.

Just used this promotion myself. Got a call from my mom saying how much she loved the roses I sent her and that they were still in perfect condition even though UPS fouled up and they were delivered a day later than normal and had to come from nearly 1000 miles from her home to begin with. Talk about a win-win situation! Mom gets flowers she enjoys so much and I get well over 1000 AGR points. Doesn't get any better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back