what are amtrak food prices

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that bringing your own food and a cooler with (non-alcoholic) beverages is also an option as is having one meal in diner, one in cafe and one from your take-aboard stock or any combinations you choose.

If you have never eaten a meal in a diner (a real one, not ones on certain trains), it is a good experience. I'd suggest breakfast.

There is no prohibition regarding bringing your own private stock of alcoholic beverages and having them in your cooler.

But.

Passengers - both sleeper and coach - are not allowed to consume their private stock alcohol in public areas of the train. The area where a coach seat is is a public area, a sleeper berth is not a public area.

https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241267362031

Private stock

You may bring aboard your own private stock of alcoholic beverages subject to the following limitations:

• You may consume private stock alcoholic beverages only in Sleeping Car accommodations for which you have a valid ticket.
  • You may not consume private stock alcoholic beverages in any public areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I choose to eat in my roomette then I can drink my own private stock with my meal rather than have to pay the silly prices amtrak charge for wine and beer in the Dining Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back