We're Moving to Dodge City

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midland Valley

Lead Service Attendant
After 9 years at the Pratt Methodist Church, the Bishop asked me to become the Dodge City District Superintendent. We will move to Dodge in late June. One neat thing about this appointment is I'm finally in a town with an Amtrak Stop. I say stop because the station isn't open but it is a crew change and a scheduled stop. SOOOOOO no more staying up all night to catch the train in Hutchinson 60 miles away. I just hope the trains are still running for me to enjoy the new location.

Well I wouldn't call 6 AM or 12:30AM great hours, but it's better than 2 & 4. But it is an improvement anyway. And if Amtrak does go under, there's always BNSF. B)

Good luck with your new appointment and just remember that even though you'll be living in Dodge City, dodging trains is never a good idea. :lol:

Thanks Alan. And when you've lived in central Ks most of your life and boarded at Newton, Hutchinson or Hastings NE on the CZ, 6: and 12:30 AM are great times.

Glad you get a town with rail service. I've been looking for jobs around the country as I graduate from college, and one of my prereqs, is that it must be in or near a town with train service. So that excludes South Dakota and a few others.

About time! I've been in Dodge City and it's pretty interesting to explore, esp. with Wyatt Earps, Doc Holliday, etc. I went to Garden City and Syracuse several years ago for possible dairy relocation and it's a big different from California- flat!

Hoping the Amtrak is here a lot longer and good luck to spread the wonderful news of Jesus Christ!

-gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back