We're getting the billion!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
The Gunn released an employee advisory yesterday and the news is good!! :D

Since Congress will not meet again until November, Bush has authorized a Continuing Resolution. This will provide Amtrak with the funds to keep running.

The money will be allocated monthly and the current figures show that it will average out to $1 billion dollars annually.

Gunn said that he can live with this amount. Maybe we are better off with the Resolution!

I hope Congress takes its time and argues for the next 10 years!! :rolleyes:

B)

Viewliner said:
Great, is this definite, or just till congress decides?
I would have to think that it's just until Congress passes a budget. The government can't run on a continuing resolution for 12 months.

However it does get us through at least the next 1 to 2 months, until Congress gets it's act together.

No, but I think Gunn is assuming that 1 billion will be the figure Congress agrees on when they resume in November.

B)

Miami Joe said:
No, but I think Gunn is assuming that 1 billion will be the figure Congress agrees on when they resume in November.B)
That could well be the case, as the Senate and the House haggle and negotiate the different bills. They usually tend to compromise, so 1B is not out of the question as a compromise.

The real key here is going to be the need to kill that stupid provision that the House has, stating that Amtrak can't use more than 150M to prop up long distance trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back