We're Baaack

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot1181

Lead Service Attendant
Ms.Spot and I just returned from our trip to and from Seattle to Cincinnati this morning only two hours late on the Cardinal. We both thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of rail travel. Even though we have nothing to compare it to the Empire Builder was AWSOME. It was everything and more that I expected ,the ride, food, service, friendliness, scenery. The sleeper and coach. the hot shower and the cold. The top bunk and the lower. Seattle was great as was Chicago.

A few quick highlites as I will post the complete journey on trip report.

Cardinal was two hours late both ways-return was three but the time change cut it yo two. Empire Builder was on time the whole way. We had the family room which was very spacious plus two windows. Eastbound we were the only occupants on the lower level of our car. Making whoopee was a whole new experience with the motion of the train!

The attendants kept us supplied with cold drinks, ice, coffee and the daily newspaper. The room was cool we preferred it that way. The movies were first run, not on video yet. they showed five films total.

There was less than eleven hours daylight which made more time for relaxation. I kept a journal and used a camcorder. If any one is interested ina copy of the video I will send it for just the cost of a tape and postage. Just e-mail me. I haven't previewed it yet. I hope it turns out good.

Anyway, it looks like we(Ms. Spot included) are totally hooked.Already talking about the next trip. See what all of you started.

Thanx to everyone for their advice and help in getting us started. We're not railvirgins anymore. Thanx again.

Spot

&Ms. Spot too!

Amfleet said:
Making whoopee was a whole new experience with the motion of the train!
So you decided to join the 80 mph Club I see. :lol: Glad you had a great trip spot. B)
Since many of the people who post here are not even old enough to drive, maybe the moderator can delete this reference. We really do not need to know about your sex life..

Amfleet said:
Making whoopee was a whole new experience with the motion of the train!
So you decided to join the 80 mph Club I see. :lol: Glad you had a great trip spot. B)
We all know that due to slow orders and the such the train was only going 35 :)

spot1181 said:
Are you trying to read between the lines or are you jealous? Who said anything about sex?
You did, sir. I am only offering a reminder that your modesty would be appropriate in front of the "kids."

I don't know of many kids on this board. All of us are above the age 13 except I believe one member has a 10 year-old son who comes in and looks around. However, lets not erupt here into a big argument. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back