Washington DC Union Station Floorplan/Diagram

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was started about 8 years ago, but I still can't find a good layout map for Washington Union station. I am arriving by cab and need to know how to get to the Metropolitan (or is it the Acela) lounge to wait for Acella 2160 to NYP. Can I get Red Caps at the cab stands?

Thanks.
Walk straight in from the cab stand. Cross thru the grand former waiting room. Go to the gate area and I want to say it's between gates B and C.

It’s behind the information desk which is along the hallway in front the gates. Double wooden doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Where is the baggage check-in area at Union Station?
It will be on the way while you are walking from the main entrance to Club Acela, between the old waiting room and the information desk. There are two main hallways linking the former waiting room to the track and Club Acela areas, with the baggage and check-in desks between them, so it could be on your left or right depending which hallway you walk down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of a place to get a floorplan of this station? My google search had produced nothing.
Here's what a Google search turned up for me: https://www.google.com/search?q=washington+dc+union+station+floor+plan&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio-eidl4vZAhVJKqwKHeDJBDYQsAQIMw&biw=1563&bih=879#imgrc=_ Take your pick.
That's real helpful. How many of those look like Washington Union Station floor plans?
None of them.

I took the liberty of making a small sketch.

Taxi drop off at the bottom.

Straight through the big room (stop to admire).

Ticket and baggage counter in the center.

After checking your bags, the Club Acela is as mentioned. Under a walkway, between gates D and E.

It’s significantly easier than we’re making it sound.

The drawing is probably riddled with errors, but it gets the point across.

IMG_5350.jpg

Thank you, Ryan!

Your diagram tells me that once in the station at the taxi stand, all I need to do is to "follow my nose" and keep going "straight ahead".

Most accurate I could find is the retail directory at https://www.unionstationdc.com/directory-map/. It essentially duplicates Ryan's map with a bit more detail.The ticket and baggage counter is the area marked "Retail Concourse" and the Club Acela is located behind the information counter in the area marked "Train Gates" - go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back