WAS to BOS and back to WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb64

OBS Chief
I blogged my latest trip here

It was a great trip. All train staff and lounge staff were friendly and helpful. Trains were on time going and only slightly delayed returning. Coming back, a prior train had apparently taken down some of the catenary near Trenton and we had to wait for a spot on a single track. Otherwise, no problems at all. Food was good on Acela but I wish the menu had a little more selection when traveling longer segments. Having to pick from the same four things two times in one day was a little underwhelming.

Great review! Yes it is unfortunate that they don't switch up the menu, but most pax don't really ride the whole route from BOS - WAS on the acela. One thing you can do to switch up the offerings is to take a morning train with breakfast, then get lunch on the second half.

Neat blog entry. Is there anymore train trips on your blog? The one trip I made on the Acela it was very crowded.

Neat blog entry. Is there anymore train trips on your blog? The one trip I made on the Acela it was very crowded.
Thanks. Yes, my cross-country trip to California and back via Cardinal-SWC-CS-CZ-Card is there as an older entry (several entries, actually, as I did them real-time, as much as I could). Here is where it starts and continues in to March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back