Was the % full feature removed from Amtrak Reservation System?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should just bring it back. When people see the train is almost full, it's an incentive to book immediately.

I had had the impression the load indicator was always wrong anyway and was only sowing confusion, so haven't missed it. If it actually worked, I'm sure people would like to have it back. (Though if it were me, I would use it to find the least-busy days, not to 'hurry and book because it's almost full.')

Yes, the load indicator was taken away a few months ago, but does appear to be intermittently appearing again.

Note that the indicator does not always appear on the first search, it sometimes takes multiple searches. And I haven’t noticed it on the website, just the app. This leads me to believe its an error rather than intentional for now.

A4B6A185-B86C-4CD6-B0A6-5E06C1F9DBFC.png

Last week, when making a reservation, the agent said the website is troublesome, the App is more reliable.

I had been on the website trying to make a reservation for the summer, and the button to proceed after entering all the information including payment would stay gray (inoperative) and would not turn green, no way, no how. I checked every box and entered all information I was supposed to. I gave up and called to have them do it.

The agent came up with a fare that was 58 cents more than what I was quoted when I tried. I let that go. (It was a Senior + 15% NY State discount - mathematically comes the same regardless of which discount you apply first)

Back