:::Warning::: Entertainment in Coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A female friend of mine who, like me, is totally deaf, told me how she rode a Cascades down from Vancouver while watching on her video player a very sexy R-rated (borderline X) film with lots of heavy-duty combat sounds. She could not understand why people kept turning around and looking at her in astonishment. She realized, when the attendant came by and told her so, that the sound was turned ALL THE WAY UP on the player. Can you spell m-o-r-t-i-f-i-c-a-t-i-o-n?

By the way, I am busy converting "Zephyr: Tracking a Dream Across America" into an e-book with an Epilogue updating the story, plus an expanded photo section. Should be on Kindle, Nook, etc., by the spring.
Any chance you'd make that epilogue available here, or linked here when it is out? I am not gonna have a kindle or nook any time soon...

Any chance you'd make that epilogue available here, or linked here when it is out? I am not gonna have a kindle or nook any time soon.
You can read Kindle books and Nook books on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets, phones, iPods and just about anything with a screen these days. Ironically, actual Kindles and Nooks are the only recent devices that cannot read both types. :wacko:

Absolutely true.

I use the FREE apps to read.

Granted, bestsellers and most books aren't free but if you take the time, there are thousands of free books out there.

In fact, there are free e-books on both Amazon.com and BN.com - do a search for e-books with a price of 0.00 or the word free.

Also, you might want to check your local library.

Our library has e-books as well as audio books that can be downloaded and loaned out via multiple devices.

FREE Nook Apps for multiple devices

FREE Kindle Apps for multiple devices

Any chance you'd make that epilogue available here, or linked here when it is out? I am not gonna have a kindle or nook any time soon.
You can read Kindle books and Nook books on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets, phones, iPods and just about anything with a screen these days. Ironically, actual Kindles and Nooks are the only recent devices that cannot read both types. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
A female friend of mine who, like me, is totally deaf, told me how she rode a Cascades down from Vancouver while watching on her video player a very sexy R-rated (borderline X) film with lots of heavy-duty combat sounds. She could not understand why people kept turning around and looking at her in astonishment. She realized, when the attendant came by and told her so, that the sound was turned ALL THE WAY UP on the player. Can you spell m-o-r-t-i-f-i-c-a-t-i-o-n?

By the way, I am busy converting "Zephyr: Tracking a Dream Across America" into an e-book with an Epilogue updating the story, plus an expanded photo section. Should be on Kindle, Nook, etc., by the spring.
Wow, Henry...little did I know that a mere mention of your wonderful book would generate a response here! Thanks for writing such a great book and I have lost track of how many times I have read it. Each and every one of those times was on board a LD train. Seems proper and fitting. Cheers.

Glad to hear that, Henry. I've just started reading "Season's Revenge" on my Nook. I'm hoping your update to Zephyr will also be on Nook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back