Waiting to board 449

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to take part 2 of my trip, Came down friday from Sar Springs to NYP, then rode 86, 40 minutes late getting into NYP, from NYP to Bos. Now going all the way on Lakeshore Limited to chi, 449 then 49, not sure if I'll have to switch cars or not in Albany. Then take City of New Orleans Chi to New Orleans Monday night. This will be my first test with the new food service.

Getting ready to take part 2 of my trip, Came down friday from Sar Springs to NYP, then rode 86, 40 minutes late getting into NYP, from NYP to Bos. Now going all the way on Lakeshore Limited to chi, 449 then 49, not sure if I'll have to switch cars or not in Albany. Then take City of New Orleans Chi to New Orleans Monday night. This will be my first test with the new food service.
Sounds like a fun trip. Let us know what you think of the new food service!

97 minutes latel leaving South Station Boston, I couldn't get Wireless anymore from the train, thus no live report. Reason for being late was no trip papers from CSX, This is what I documented while onboard:

Travel Log of Train 449 Sunday August 6th, 2006

11:47 General Boarding of train 449 departing from Boston South Station

12:22 Announcement over train PA that the crew/train has not received the necessary track paper work and we cannot start to move without it, there is ongoing difficulty in having this paper work faxed to Amtrak.

12:34 Announcement that Café Car is open.

1:00 One hour late and still no movement

1:12 Announcement, apologize for the delay, still waiting for track bulletin, should be just few more minutes.

1:30 Still no movement or other announcements.

1:37 2 horn blows and off we go 97 minutes late. I understand delays, but paper work is a first for me.

Late getting to ALbany to connect with 49 and this is the main reason why 49 is 3 hours late getting into Chicago.

Another letter coming customer service's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back