Virgin sleeper pax :) Orl-Nol-Jackson

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_noordam

Well I got a job finally in Monroe, La. I have been working on this job for 3 weeks and it firmed up today. So Sunday I take a wonderful bus to Orlando and pick up the Sunset to New Orleans. On this leg I got a standard sleeper, booked online so I do not have a room number :( . Then I get the City of New Orleans to Jackson, MS, coach for this part.

I will try to get any info I can from the crew on the City. I will try to post on Tue.

Not bad total price $200. Last week it dropped from 200 to 170, I think on Friday, but I wanted the sleeper so I booked today. :rolleyes:

Call Amtrak and give the reservationist your reservation number. She can then bring it up and tell you your room number. It will also show up on the ticket once you get those.

Noordam,

I took the Sunset from ORL to NOL on 1/27. I was in coach up until Jacksoville, where I upgraded to a standard room. It was a great experience to say the least. My room was on the lower level...it was room 11 or 14 one of the two....very close to the restrooms, shower, and luggage storage area. After dinner at 6:30 I spent some time in the Sightseer Lounge and when I returned to my room around 9ish, my bed was turned down for me. Very comfortable, I could easily travel cross country in that room.

When you take 58 up to JAN, be sure to get a seat on the right side of the car. As the train passes up the New Orleans airport approx. 20 minutes after leaving the station, you get into the real bayou country...numerous water crossings...pretty scenic.

Enjoy the trip, and congrats on the job!

Steve/NewOrleans

noordam,

I will be on #1 out of JAX in sleeper on Sunday headed for the "Big Easy" and points beyond, LAX. Like you I don't have the room number yet as I too booked on line.

Bob Smith

Bob, you can call Amtrak (800-USA-RAIL), talk to an agent, and with your reservation number find out your room number and car number. The 0130 is the one closer to the diner, the 0131 is closer to the dorm and head end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back