Viewliner Roomette Toilets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just curious as to why you don't recommend this. I have done this myself and it's perfect. 
Agree. If you're solo, the upper bed is ideal for storage. If there are two of you, perhaps a small overnight bag would fit down by your feet.

I'm often solo in a roomette so it doesn't matter, but when there were two of us, my backpack fit (barely) upstairs in the bed down by my feet, pack leaning upright in corner. Ditto lower bed. (We're both hikers and backpackers who travel with moderately-sized packs, not suitcases. We're accustomed to jammed quarters in tents, so a "cushy" bed on a train is downright luxurious!)

I'm just curious as to why you don't recommend this. I have done this myself and it's perfect. 
Agree. If you're solo, the upper bed is ideal for storage. If there are two of you, perhaps a small overnight bag would fit down by your feet.

I'm often solo in a roomette so it doesn't matter, but when there were two of us, my backpack fit (barely) upstairs in the bed down by my feet, pack leaning upright in corner. Ditto lower bed. (We're both hikers and backpackers who travel with moderately-sized packs, not suitcases. We're accustomed to jammed quarters in tents, so a "cushy" bed on a train is downright luxurious!)
Sounds like you're talking about a Superliner Roomette. Because Viewliners have a pretty large storage cubby above the hallway, which can easily fit a backpack and a couple decently sized suitcases.

Sounds like you're talking about a Superliner Roomette. Because Viewliners have a pretty large storage cubby above the hallway, which can easily fit a backpack and a couple decently sized suitcases.
Correct. Though I've been in a Viewliner roomette on the Cardinal, most of my LD train travel in the US has been west and south of Chicago. So I was thinking about Superliners.

My wife and I each got rolling dufflebags which nicely fit in the over the hallway cubby. My backpack hangs by its hook from the clothes bar. Also bring a hanging clothes bag if we will need any “dress up” clothes.

I just sort of remembered that the train I'm on in four days has an AM-II Lounge, so I'll report back then. Maybe I'll even make a floorpan since there don't seem to be any out there.  :)
Yeah, I checked the other day on the Meteor, and it definitely didfn’t have one.

Back