Viewliner II Part 2: Dining Car Production, Delivery, Speculation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people believe they see something that isn''t there. As you have pointed out, the things a SL car must do are not a big deal. There is no requirement to make the upper level "easily" reachable. That's why wheelchair seating,is downstairs in the coaches, the H room is downstairs in the sleepers. Service to the room or at the seat is offered.

Ok, so 23 diners have been delivered, right? I think I've lost track at this point.
I count 22 with 68000, 68010 and 68011 outstanding.
With 68010 bringing up the rear???
default_tongue.png

Of course, those of us who live in New Jersey get the greatest insult--the only state capital that does not have a dining car named after it. (Who wants to eat in Trenton?
default_tongue.png
)

I am excited that I will be seeing Albany in person for the first time this fall, especially now that I have located a store that sells local homemade donuts just half a block from my hotel.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, for those of us who live in the state, that sign is an extremely depressing constant reminder that Trenton used to be a thriving city that produced goods from iron to lovely ceramics and pottery. And that it is now a dreadful place, with no hope of coming back.
default_sad.png

Good grief--where did that come from?
default_huh.png
In the beginning they said all the capitals would have one except Trenton, and Trenton would be held in reserve if another was needed. Maybe they meant they would make a Trenton one but not put it out on the rails unless necessary?

Thanks for finding this, cpotisch
default_smile.png
--where was it?

default_huh.png
In the beginning they said all the capitals would have one except Trenton, and Trenton would be held in reserve if another was needed. Maybe they meant they would make a Trenton one but not put it out on the rails unless necessary?

default_smile.png
--where was it?
Photoshopped

default_huh.png

default_smile.png
--where was it?
Fake news
default_mosking.gif

Darn--fooled me completely!
default_blush.png

Never occurred to me to question it....I think I'd better stick to working with words
default_tongue.png

Anyway, thank you, cpotisch, for giving my state a dining car (even if it is not for real!)
default_smile.png

default_huh.png

default_smile.png
--where was it?
Photoshopped
Technically Pixelmator-ed.
default_wink.png

That was cruel. And I think we all got a laugh out of it, including MRD. LOL!

On edit: From the way you responded it was obvious that you were laughing too, MRD, or I wouldn't have made the comment. ;-) The sequence of comments was very cool. Now if we could just build new Amtrak rolling stock by photoshopping them into existence...

Of course, those of us who live in New Jersey get the greatest insult--the only state capital that does not have a dining car named after it. (Who wants to eat in Trenton?
default_tongue.png
)
You're welcome.

attachicon.gif
post-3057-0-12361900-1524103590.png

Darn--fooled me completely!
default_blush.png

Never occurred to me to question it....I think I'd better stick to working with words
default_tongue.png

Anyway, thank you, cpotisch, for giving my state a dining car (even if it is not for real!)
default_smile.png
Whats' not for real - the dining car or the state? (I live right across the Delaware, where NJ-baiting is considered a sport...)

Sometimes a bit of goofiness is a nice break (before we all go back to trying to fix Amtrak
default_smile.png
).

Getting ready to leave work for the weekend, so maybe I'll photoshop myself onto that Trenton dining car and have them take me up to Albany to find the homemade donut shop!
default_tongue.png

Back