Viewing AGR reservation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nccb

Train Attendant
I have an AGR account & amtrak.com account. Supposedly they're linked. I have an AGR existing reservation with the PDF sent to my email already, and so on. But the reservation doesn't come up in amtrak.com. I get this message in amtrak.com when trying to retrieve the AGR reservation:

Problem with Reservation Number: The reservation number you entered was not booked on our web site. We cannot retrieve reservations that were not booked online. For assistance with your reservation, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), or contact your travel agent.
[Error ID: 172X]

Are the two websites completely unlinked?

When I go to AGR, I see the "transaction" for the points spend on the reservation, but no reservation details so to speak. I just want to make sure my reservation's in the right spot & all is well. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it normally works?

Only reservations created online can be viewed, changed or cancelled online. Any reservation made or changed by phone - including a reservation made online but later changed by phone - can not be viewed online. (If a reservation was made online and later changed by you online, it still is viewable online.)

Once an agent (either at Amtrak or AGR) touches it, you can no longer see it online.

Has anyone ever been able to explain this one? The website has to have access to reservations from all sources, revised or not, in order to create one itself. The logic to retrieve and display a reservation must be trivial compared to creating one.

Has anyone ever been able to explain this one? The website has to have access to reservations from all sources, revised or not, in order to create one itself. The logic to retrieve and display a reservation must be trivial compared to creating one.
Paul,

The issue relates to the main database, ARROW. It is so old and limited that it can't handle the modern stuff as it were. Essentially, without getting into complexities, the various front ends can all handle extra information beyond what ARROW can handle and store. But the front ends only speak to ARROW; not to each other. Since ARROW can't handle the extra data, it also cannot pass on that extra data.

So there is no way to pass the info from an AGR reservation to the website, and so on. Same thing with reservations booked by agents using STARS or RailRes. They can accept info that can't be passed via ARROW over to the web interface, and they can't talk directly to the web interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only reservations created online can be viewed, changed or cancelled online. Any reservation made or changed by phone - including a reservation made online but later changed by phone - can not be viewed online. (If a reservation was made online and later changed by you online, it still is viewable online.)

Once an agent (either at Amtrak or AGR) touches it, you can no longer see it online.
Have not found that to be true. I always call after making an online reservation to get my rooms changed across the hall from one another. I can still see them online.

My current reservation I even called and changed departure cities which changed me trains and I can still see it online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back